I posted a link to about 1 million domain names posted on SnapNames a few weeks ago.

There's a much better list at LocalWhois which is searchable.

To be honest, it's like panning for gold in muck - but there's always the chance there'll be something you might want.

(If you are back-ordering any domain names I'd love it if you did it through my affilate links here!)

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Just be aware that a lot of the names on those lists have dropped and been re-registered again already, so don't go paying big money to CrapNames for names that aren't going to drop.

Yeah I searched the 3-letter ones and many of them had been reregistered or were reserved already.

To be honest, the names that you'd really want through Snapnames are ones with loads of inbound links and some residual traffic. Finding those is a real black art [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for those links DynaMoo! I tried to backorder a couple of the names from you, but someone had beaten me to it.

Do you know of the best way to find expired domain names that are listed on Yahoo? Do those programs you can buy really work? I've been searching some categories of Yahoo by hand... and looking up the Whois information for any Yahoo link that doesn't have a website attached. So far the domain names have all still been registered or someone has already backordered them.

Appreciate any information you will share!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    (If you are back-ordering any domain names I'd love it if you did it through my affilate links here!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We just back-ordered a domain through your link... wish us luck on getting it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    CrapNames is increasing its price to $69 on Jan 15th, in preparation for the launch on their little backroom deal with Verisign (to make the $45 wholesale price look better).

So to avoid a further fleecing, get your orders in before then.

Thanks for the warning Drewbert!

Personally,
    i prefer to try to monitor the names i'm looking for myself and try to pick them up before snapnames. For the price of one domain at snapnames i could get 5 ones if i took the time to check them on my own.

Not to say that they aren't handy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[edited for spelling]

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: jq ]

The advantage with Snapnames is that it monitors for the domain deletion all the time - there's a chance that if you do it manually someone else will pick it up.

$65 is damn pricey though.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread