I'm shocked; I just received an eBay registration from a Canadian IP address, and there is even a bid following it, so I know I'm going to get credit for it.

I've been previously told by several members of eBay's affiliate team that Canadians wouldn't show up as a qualified lead if they registered via an eBay.com link, because they get redirected to eBay.ca when they try and register. Try it yourself -- when you change the country on the registration form, you get moved out of eBay.com to eBay.ca.

Maybe this registration is from a US citizen working in Canada -- someone with a US postal address. I guess I'll never know.

Funny, since about 30% of my bids come from Canada, but for the past month, all my registrations have been from the US (except one from Finland).

Ralph

http://www.hockeydb.com

Ralph,

How do you track all this? Through the editor's kit?

I am using the SID feature in conjunction with the editor kit.

Since my pages are generated dynamically (I create the editor kit link based on what someone is searching for on my site), I can capture the IP of the clicking visitor. I use a program called GeoIP to do a quick lookup of the IP address, and then create the SID as a concatenation of the country of origin and the IP address.

Since I'm tracking the IP, I can see both the registration and the qualifying bid very easily. They are almost always right next to each other. In fact, since I implemented the SID code, I have had 100% qualification of leads.

I implemented the SID code right after the big eBay meltdown. Before the meltdown I was probably qualifying 60-70% of my leads. After the meltdown I'm doing 100%. Makes you wonder, huh?

Ralph

http://www.hockeydb.com

Thanks Ralph.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread