I have just been informed by my host (after spending 2 weeks trying to get the site looking good <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Gordon,
    It seems to me that you arent having any problems actually login in. The problem is when you are attempting to execute the script called \"allposters.pl\" correct? There isnt anything wrong with the SSH configuration itself which is why you are able to log in to the server. The reason why your script is being killed is because our server monitoring program gets alerted when your script runs because it consumes too much memory and CPU cycles on the server. Our monitoring program then kills your process without warning.

As Im sure you already know, we host many clients on one server, which is called a shared server, so it would not be fair for everyone else for your script to basically \"take over\" the server. Im sure that you arent intentionally doing it to comsume the servers resources but if you want to run that script, you will have to tell the creators to recode it so that it wont take up so many server resources. Generally you want to stay under 20% CPU cycles which your script was consuming 68% plus. I hope this helps you out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I have been in touch with David and aparently the only way round this is to get a new host. My problem is I don't know anything about CPU cycles and stuff like that so I do not know which hosts will let me run these scripts. Can anybody recomend a host that will let me run these scripts? If possible I would like to keep my arms and legs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] So the cheaper the better
    thanks in advance

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can anybody recomend a host that will let me run these scripts?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gordon,
    You already have the best host for this script sitting in front of you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Run the allposters script on your PC then upload the static pages.

You'll need to install ActivePerl from http://www.activestate.com

Then follow the instructions that David will have sent you for PC installation.

Thanks Guffy,
    Now for my next question [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    I have just downloaded activeperl 5.6.1 and windows installer 2.0+ what directory do I put them in? or will they automaticaly install to the correct place?

ABW Ambassador
    With my few remaining brain cells allotted for today, and as far as I recall, it loads into the correct place.

It will add a SET PATH line to your Autoexec.bat and all should be well.

Check your PM's in a few minutes.
    I'll send an added instruction for you.

I knew I would be back with more questions

I downloaded the two files but when I run the ActivePerl-5 I get a message saying there is a file missing from the install files contact the vendor. But it does not tell me what file is missing, can ou shed any light on this?

Which file is it?

ABW Ambassador
    PM's again Gordon

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I have it now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Thanks very much for your help. Apparently It was a bad download. At least everything is working now.
    @ Guffy
    Wow! it is so much better to play with the script on the PC. I guess it won't be long now before I finaly get the site finished. Thanks Guffy you are a good un. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    (even though your site is cr------ sorry [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Your welcome Gordon.
    Even if you think my site is ******** [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread