I am curious what everyone does for hosting around here? Virtual? Dedicated? Who is hosting your site? I am thinking about switching hosts and would like to hear from everyone.

Thanks in advance,

Core

Till the beginning of this year I had some virtual accounts with different hosts. Because some of my sites had perl scripts running it resulted in serious serverload. That was the reason I moved to a dedicated server, a Raq4, from Datahosts.net . Last month I added another dedicated server from Webauthorities.com (P3 833) and I also ordered a new server yesterday (webreseller.net) .

I ordered a new one because of a sudden bandwith and traffic increase of my sites. With my server at webauthorities.com I had 50 GB bandwith, which is not enough anymore.

I ordered a new dedicated server with webreseller.net because they have a special (P4 1.6 Ghz, 450 GB bandwith) which was just what I was looking for. The result of this is that my server at Webauthorities.com will be cancelled. This is not because they're no good...they're very good actually, but more because it's a waste of money. (I'm going to keep the Raq because it's a lot cheaper : it's used as a backup)

Hosts I've used that I can recommend:

Virtual hosting:
    Splashhost.com
    Venturesonline.com
    Mchost.com

Dedicated hosting:
    Datahosts.net
    Webauthorities.com
    (webreseller.net - I can't say that yet because my server is not yet online)

*BUMP*

I have several, currently for hosting my domains and sites I use:

Interland 3 - (fredom 400, 100 and a vserver)
    Verio - 5 virtual

I'm going to buy some more hosting with Tom ( http://abw.thmedia.net/ ) and will get 2 dedicated boxes in the next month or so for TrueTracker.com

Haiko

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    After leaving Jumpline, I went ahead with a dedicated server at Rackspace since I have quite a few sites now.

So far the reliability seems good, but if you like detailed responses from customer service, forget it. Despite huge amounts of PR to the contrary, it's like pulling teeth to get a detailed response to technical questions.

I just recently got a dedicated server with CIHost. I got it mainly for the decreased cost per domain, I don't have enough traffic yet that I'm worrying about bandwidth issues. I had been using virtual accounts for each domain in the past and will move most of my domains over to the dedicated server when I use up all the prepaid time for the virtual accounts.

I know I never see anything positive posted about CIHost anywhere, but I've been with them for more than a few years now with no problems at all. Any downtime that occured was very clearly explained (not that there was much other than a few minutes here and there). The only significant downtime I can remember happened when Texas got hit with a major freeze that took out almost all of the businesses in the area (and that was only for a day or two).

Brian

I've been using iluvoz.com, an aussie hosting co. for over two years now, with no downtime on any of my sites.

Fantastic service, response within an hour
    all the bells and whistles you could wish for in virtual hosting for only US$7.00.

ABW Ambassador
    We host on our own dedicated servers. It helps to be in the hosting business. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    http://opt2.net

I use my own dedi to serve web customers.
    And have several virt.hosting accounts on competitors servers ; )

I recommend NoMonthlyfees.com which I thought would be cheapo but have turned out pretty amazing !

I'm using phpwebhosting.com and I'm happy with them. it's been 2.5 years..check them out just in case [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ALL,

Can anyone recommend a reliable shared Java servlet host and a ASP host? (Both must be us based)

I'll use your affiliate link.

Haiko

For just my plain low traffic html sites www.hostica.com

For my dynamic Sites www.burst.net www.availhosting.com

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread