Hi,
    I have a lot of freehosted websites at freeservers.com and swsites.net. They worked for my purpose very well. But since about 1 week both hosts can not be reached and my websites are gone. They emailed me that they have huge technical hardware problems but they can not tell me when these problems will be solved. I tried a google search for other swsites webpages and found some. When ich clicked them it can be accessed. Does anybody know anything on that issue. I believe that they perhaps turned servers off, for forcing me to sign up for a paid hosting plan.

Jonny

ABW Ambassador
    That's possible...I don't have any free sites hosted, but we used to use Northsky to give our users free sites. There were a lot of issues and their support was almost non-existant. Hardware failures were a common problem (not to the extent you are seeing). Maybe Northsky is getting rid of free sites that they give away...then they'll make us pay to give them away.

you get what you pay for

Freeservers websites are back now but swsites.net are still gone.
    Jonny

the owner of the northsky resources is about.com. Anything heard about difficulties there? They offer a co-branded hosting plan fpr giving away free webspace. Is this the same as freeservers and would it be worth joining it?

Jonny

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread