ABW Ambassador
    Occasionally, I will get a question about our prices....especially the 'I can host my site at somehost.com for $3.00 a month'.

Well, the other day, somebody asked a similar question. The host he referred to offered 500 domains for $49 a month. I know how much our server costs to run, maintain, etc. Think of how many sites are on that server...and the usage....

Something to think about.

Yes I hear it as well how to save a penny and waste a buck.

My philosphy is:
    "You buy quality and you'll cry once, you buy cheap and you'll cry a thousand times"

I use this with everything I make a buying decision on.
    Thanks for the thought.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TH Media:
    Occasionally, I will get a question about our prices....especially the 'I can host my site at somehost.com for $3.00 a month'.

Well, the other day, somebody asked a similar question. The host he referred to offered 500 domains for $49 a month. I know how much our server costs to run, maintain, etc. Think of how many sites are on that server...and the usage....

Something to think about.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually use that service and have been "very happy" with them for "over a year" now. Most of the people using the multiple domain plan (domain reseller plan) have microsites (like myself), are url forwarding a lot of the domains (like myself) and sell domains (like myself). You can host up to 500 domains with an average of 500k of space for each domain or 250 meg. total to be distibuted as you see fit. This includes email forwarding, a control panel with great statistics and superb customer service from Floyd (owner).

Yes they do have other plans for larger sites, single site users, etc... - but if you have lots of domains for building simple mini-sites that don't take up much space or that need to be re-directed - I "highly recommend" NewWebsite.com's multiple domain hosting plan.

There has been temporary downtime on a few occasions (lightning, power outage and back-up generator didn't kick in, new equipment installed) but for the price, great service and value - I am very happy with www.NewWebsite.com .

The majority of hosting packages out there are overpriced (especially for mini-sites and those with multiple domains) but sometimes you can find a great deal with great value/service and NewWebsite.com has done that as far as I am concerned.

If anybody signs up at www.NewWebsite.com - please mention that I sent you over to Floyd there ( I get a free month - yes I wish he would establish a regular affiliate program and have been talking to him about it ).

Larry Wentz www.AffiliateNetwork.org

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TH Media:

Think of how many sites are on that server...and the usage....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Floyd. I own newWebsite.com. I specialize in multiple domain hosting. I just wanted to correct a statement made earlier. I don't host everybody on one server. I have multiple servers. The servers don't cost me that much to build myself so its easy for me to keep my prices low. I agree that most of the time you get what you pay for. The $49 per month I charge for hosting multiple domains is really an introductory offer that has been in effect for about a year now. I will be raising it soon so it would be good to take advantage of that price now. You get locked into that price for a year. So its up to you. I am also here to answer any questions you may have in general about hosting whether you use me or not.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Floyd and Wentzco...I get these questions all the time, and I wasn't being specific to a particular company. I didn't even know that NewWebsite.com offered a similar priced package as I stated in my above post. I looked at the NewWebsite.com front page, and looked at the virtual hosting plans. Wentzco, in your post, you say
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I actually use that service and have been "very happy" with them for "over a year" now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I assure you that we are speaking of 2 different companies
    As it turns out, the 'company' that I was referring to was somebody who placed a server in their house connected via DSL.
    In their package, it was 500 domains at 10 megs of space each and 'unlimited bandwidth'. It was a current client that I host serveral sites for that inquired about it. It had nothing to do with your inquiry to me, and had nothing to do with NewWebsite.com
    I hope this clears the air a little, and it wasn't anything negative towards NewWebsite. I told you in my e-mail that I had never heard of them, so I couldn't comment.

I don't want you to think I took offense either. I just wanted to explain better if it was me you were referring to. I too believe you get what you pay for.

ABW Ambassador
    Not directed towards you.....unless you run the servers out of a bedroom using a DSL line [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Floyd gets a "thumbs-up" from me. I don't use his services personally, but know a lot of people who do - they're usually ones that aren't technical enough to run their own dedicated server. They all seem a happy bunch.

Hey Drewbert I didn't know you were here. But of course I just signed up so I don't know about a lot of people here. Thanks for the support.

I do run my business out of my house. I set up an office in another part of it. I have 8 servers on a full T-1 line. I know its not a big set up but I am trying to quit my other job and this has been working pretty good. I also have an autostart backup generator in place in case of power failure. Running it out of my house I know is nothing to brag on but it does help me to keep costs down and therefore my customers have lower costs.

I tried the residential DSL thing once when I first got started but quickly moved on. I am building my business slowly and one day maybe I will have need for a data center. But for now I am a one man show with my computers doing the work for me. It may scare people to know all this but on the other hand they always know who they are going to talk to when they try to call or email me.

ABW Ambassador
    [Nevermind [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ]

[ 06-28-2002: Message edited by: TH Media ]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread