I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I received an unsolicited email from a marketing person at CI Host trying to get me to move my dedicated servers to them.

In my opinion, this indicates one of two things:

1. C I Host suppots spamming, and therefore runs the risk of having their IP #'s blocked.

2. C I Host is desperate for business - with possible financial ramifications.

So, if I was thinking of using them, I'd be changing my mind very fast, and if I had any services there, I'd be moving them away promptly.

Food for thought.

ABW Ambassador
    Drewbert,
    Was this a generic e-mail or did they contact you directly. What's funny is I get spam frequently from webhosting companies asking if they can host my site...I love writing that letter to them...if they are stupid enough to ask me to move my site over to them...sheesh...they don't seem to notice that I am a web host myself.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    >Was this a generic e-mail or did they contact you directly.

They attempted to word it as a direct contact, but it was obviously generic, and they mined the email address from the WHOIS, rather than use any email addresses mentioned on any of my websites.

ABW Ambassador
    Gotcha...Did you e-mail them yet and ask them what their spam policy was [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] What is there stance on spammers, etc..and if you signed up with them, could you send bulk e-mail...

my website is currently hosted by cihost. there server alwasy having some latency and cant be resolve until notice. im thinking to move to another company and also which is cheaper.

What are you paying at CIHost now?

I've heard some real horror stories about CIHost. There's two sides to every story, obviously, and I've never hosted with them although I did consider them at one time.

I spent some time on a couple of the boards around that deal with web hosts, and there were just too many negative posts about them, which concerned me. Some of the negative posts did seem to have the facts to back them up, so I decided I didn't want to be a participant if there were problems.

There are negative posts about most of the bigger hosts, guess that proves you can't please everyone 100% of the time. I will say after researching some of the hosts out there, I would not be surprised to receive SPAM from a few of them! :eek:

Andy

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread