Can anyone recommend a high bandwith dedicated server hosting service (UK based if possible but not critical).

I need somewhere for 25-30 gigabyte a month bandwidth and to serve several sites.

One site I came across did not have a bandwith limit based on GBs but a kbps on the following basis

"All services have a dedicated 128kbps of bandwidth, with a `burst' capability of up to 2Mbps, based on packet prioritisation and traffic shaping. Burst data is not subject to any additional charges."

Would this deliver 25 to 30 Gb a month? - the maths defeats me!

You can try http://www.rackshack.net, but they're in Texas.

I have two dedicated servers there, one is a monster machine with 600GB monthly limit, 1GB RAM etc., the other is a more modest server with 400GB traffic (Standard) and 256MB RAM.

Prices are from $99 per month.
    Unfortunately, their setup fees are quite huge, but it's a one-time expense.

It could be smart to rent a better server than you need right now, if you expect to grow. It can cost less than setup fees later on if you have to upgrade/rent a new server.

The majority of our traffic is Norwegian, and there has been a couple of occations where the internet lines to the US are down. Only two times in 7 months, and for very short periods. I don't see it as a problem. I had more downtime with our Norwegian host.

I'm a happy customer, trouble tickets gets fixed fast, there are always people on the support chat etc.

I reccomend them.

[Fixed URL]

[ 07-21-2002: Message edited by: OveB ]

ABW Ambassador
    CaveCeek is tops in serving the "high bandwidth industry" worldwide. They are in Arizona

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, 128k average would equal almost 40Gig/month if it were used 24/7.

We have 135mb/sec burst capability, but that's shared amoung many servers.

Our servers are located in Arizona.

send me private email to admin@affjus.com if you are interested.

I have a spare server.
    If you could do without a control panel and would like 50 GB Bandwidth and say 1 GB space, I could price it at 50$ a month.
    Let me know....

That's really kind - but I prefer RaQ4s as they are easy to set up and use. The rackshack site could be my choice - if only they had not sold out of raqs! The good thing is there is a lot of choice out there and your help is appreciated.

Gary

I also have a couple of servers at Rackshack.. If you want to avoid the set-up fees, just keep checking the bargain basement.. they quite often reduce their set-up to only $1.

Hi I went looking at rackshack but they had sold out what i required
    I found http://www.saburovo.com/subscribe/fdc/
    and http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=63317
    AMD XP 1600+ CPU
    512MB PC133 Memory
    40GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    600 Gigs of transfer per month
    100Mbit Fully Burstable switch
    APC Remote Reboot Switch
    Toll Free Tech support
    Help Desk system
    PLESK or ENISIM UNLIMITED - 40gigs - 600gigs - $129
    Setup Fee: $99.00
    Monthly Fee: $129.00
    I managed to spread the set up over 6 months
    hope it helps

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I contacted Rackspace in the hopes of getting some info, since I remembered that they have a London data center along with a US one (the actual company is based in Texas)--and they have a 24 hr. live chat capability. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(Yes, SA's, I didn't have anything better to do at this time of the morning [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

The salesman didn't quote any prices since I wasn't asking for myself, but he said he could get any kind of box you want (including a Raq4) even though Raqs don't seem to show up in an obvious place on the site. And bandwidth is no problem--standard packages start at 30 GB (fully burstable)!

The salesman's email (yes I have permission to post it) is swhite@rackspace.com . His extension is 1425, if you call there instead.

Good luck!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread