We are considering of switching over to iPowerWeb for our hosting needs.

But before we do the switch, I would want to know if any of you have used their services or still using their services and if you recommend their services.

My main concern is having our sites up almost all the time, I am tired of too much downtime of the hosting service we are currently using. This is affectin our ranking and crawling of our pages by goggle

All your reviews are welcomed, both negative and positive.
    I just hope it is a good choice we are making.
    Thank you

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Don't know anything about their services, but do know I get spam from them through 3rd party force opt out companies. In fact, just got one a couple of hours ago. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I can see how some shoe company or something may get snookered by these companies, but a hosting company should know better.

But that has nothing to do with their services necessarily, just their business practice.

I get regular short periods of downtime with iPowerweb and they do not reply to emails.. it's a cheap deal with plenty of bandwidth, but I would say look elsewhere...
    These 3 hosts are reliable and I'd have no problem recommending them - Apollo Hosting, TH Media and I1internet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I get regular short periods of downtime with iPowerweb and they do not reply to emails.. it's a cheap deal with plenty of bandwidth, but I would say look elsewhere...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have three sites with them and have not had the same experience, so far. No complaints here.

no experience with them, Have heard quite a few bad reviews about their support and downtime over at another forum, But a large company like ipowerweb of course would get that.

I occasionly get quite a few peices of spam from this company, However that could be their affiliates, Really didn't go into depth in looking.

If you would like my hosting recommendations send me a PM. As i am quite happy with my current web-hosting provider's customer support, service and uptime.

:cool:

ABW Ambassador
    I see it depending on what type of service you're looking for.
    Perhaps you know, perhaps you may not know, but virtual servers are shared servers and shared servers are usually crammed with about 300 others viing for position to the top of the bandwidth pole.

I do know of a company boasting huge megabytes and bandwidth for under $100 per year and claim they have "the technology" and do not load the servers down. I think they stated something like each person has their own 9000 mb plot. :eek: And they state on their site that this is NOT a misprint.

Some of you here must know who I'm talking about. Would y'll like a link? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 08-01-2002: Message edited by: Cyclone ]

I think their support is good.

I screwed up the domain name I wanted. I typed in "supplies" instead of "supply". And, you guessed it, "supplies" has almost no searches whereas "supply" has tons of searches for my product. I had even confirmed the order and they had gotten the domain for me. But, when I explained, iPowerweb got me the name I really wanted at no additional charge.

They were very nice. Yes, it took longer to get it worked out because of my error. But, they really helped me out when they didn't have to.

Don't take this as a drive-by spam, but I did a comparison of ratings here - the sharp eyed amongst you will notice that they're all affiliate programs, but the reviews of iPowerWeb are OK.

It's a sort of meta-review site, I find reviews of the hosts and list them and come up with an aggregate score, so there's some actual substance [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If you want a really high quality service (but at twice the cost of iPowerWeb) maybe look at FutureQuest. TH Media has a good reputation too and has a support forum on the board.. Tom is a regular here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Great page, moo, and hey, thanks for the links!!!

Bad bad bad service :mad:

My site was put offline without reason after 5 days of launch. No reply to my emails.....when I requested my 30 days money back guaranteed thay replied to me that it was impossible because I've broken the rules (??????) and my account was termined....oy oy.

I see lots of sites put offline without reason by them and no webmasters have received the money back!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>webmistress: Great page, moo, and hey, thanks for the links!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're welcome [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Girlie - the other option you could consider is looking at a reseller package if you're hosting multiple domains - that will give you a little more freedom and value for money.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I have 4 sites listed with them, they have worked fine for me. I like the price and service.

I have some good plans you might want to consider. I have sharded hosting plans and dedicated server plans and even plans for multiple domain name hosting. http://www.newwebsite.com Let me know if you need anymore information. I know you were looking for reccommendations from 3rd parties. But I saw the question and thought I could provide a decent service for you. I don't know anything about IpowerWeb. They might be a good company as far as I know.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you want a really high quality service (but at twice the cost of iPowerWeb) maybe look at FutureQuest. TH Media has a good reputation too and has a support forum on the board.. Tom is a regular here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we all should start to support "our own kind". . . if you catch my drift. I'm starting to lean heavier and heavier towards TH Media for the main reason being Tom is here and helpful . . . on of the guys~!

There's alot to be said for getting 100 megabytes for under 100 bucks per year, but what is usually said turns out to be negative.

Tom's TH Media might be a tad more expenssive, but I'm seeing this as not a problem, or an expensive choice.

Which is MORE expensive: paying the cheapo hosting fees as mentioned above and having to be looking down the road in a month or more for the next cheapo host?

OR

Paying for reasonable, honest services . . . as I see even all add-ons are listed at TH Media. It may be double the price that I pay now but the "other guys" are double the cost.

What's it costing you in downtime at the cheapo depot? It's costing me customers.
    Who cares if I got my domain for free if I can't even load the page?

Tom, I'll be talking with you very soon . . . [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] and NO, I'm not an affiliate . . . YET [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Cyclone,
    Thanks for the plug, and the kind words. You've hit the nail on the head about 'cheapo' hosts. I say use them if you have a simple hobby site where downtime may not matter...such as a family tree website or a music fan site. However, if you are generating revenue from your site (or building it up to do just that), I'd go with a host that has a better track record. Just my 2 cents [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I have had one of my sites hosted with iPowerWeb for about 6 months and have not had any problems with downtime. However, I did find that response to emails went to zero after my 30 day period ended.
    Also, on occasion my stats fall behind, sometimes as much as a week! :eek:
    Although they are cheap, I think you get what you pay for. When my year is up I will be looking for a new host, probably TH Media. At least I know where to find Tom and that he can't resist answering a question. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Tom, I'm as good as in . . . I just have to check out how much I'll forfeit in an attempt to flee where I'm hosted now.

Not just that either. I have some heavy-duty SSI/.htacces files I don't wanna screw up. I had help in their construction and, before I leave where I'm at, I want to go over one bug in the file that was not created by me.

In other words, I paid a guy to help me and his part of the deal needs a correction. I want this corrected before I move . . . now if he'll just answer his mail. I'll wait til Monday night at the latest before I take the situation in hand and get help elsewhere.

I better take this into your area/email. I have some things I like to keep private.

ABW Ambassador
    Sounds good...just drop me a PM or an e-mail...if your guy doesn't respond, we can try to help you out with it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I have 1 account with ipowerweb and 1 with another (addr.com).

Both companies support is soso to bad but the speed that pages are served is much much slower at ipowerweb! I'd never consider using them for a site that get's alot of hits or is heavy on images.

I had a site with addr.com but dropped them long ago because their support was so bad.

They do not reply to emails and you only get an automated message when you call.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread