Hello to everyone connected with Commission Junction. My name is Karly and I work for BobWards.com, a sporting goods store who is a publisher for Commission Junction. I got some good advice to become a member here and to post some stuff about our program.
    First of all, we are Montana's largest sporting goods store and have been operating since 1917. About four years ago we started our online store. My goal is to see Commission Junction play a bigger part in our online sales.
    A bit about our program: we pay 8% commissions and we have a special affiliate holiday program going on right now (I know this might be too late for anyone)
    For every affiliate with commissions paid over $600 then you would receive a $100 BobWards.com gift certificate.
    For every affiliate with commissions paid over $400 then you would receive a $50 BobWards.com gift certificate.
    For every affiliate with commissions paid over $200 then you would receive a $25 BobWards.com gift certificate.
    This promotion runs from 11/27/03-12/31/03
    I know we are in the midst of the promotion and that holiday sales have definetly dwindled, but I wanted all of you to know about it and to see what type of things we have going on at BobWards.com

Since I am new here, I hope this was an okay thing to post here, and if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Come check us out!

Karly Billstein
    BobWards.com

Welcome Karly,

Please post some links so we can grab them easily. I hope you enjoy the interaction with your affiliates.

SandraR

Karly,

Welcome. Looking at some sporting goods ideas anyway. Will have to check you out!

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    --Mark Twain

ABW Ambassador
    I'd like to see a minimum of 10% and if you're offering a bonus I'll take cash instead of a gift certificate . . . if that's possible, and, oh yeah . . . please

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

Yeah, I'd love to be able to do 10%, but we are just not there yet, although looking at other sporting goods sites, most commission are 7%, so 8% isn't too bad. For our first promotion we are going to stick with gift certificates, cash might come later. But hey, you can get some great stuff with the gift certificate!.......oh and I'm the queen of

Karly Billstein
    BobWards.com

Since nobody else has asked, do you have a datafeed? Preferrably free and outside of CJ?

Thanks

Yes we do have datafeeds outside of commission junction. There is one specifically set up for cj, but there are a few other formats as well. If anyone is interested in the link, please email me at kbillstein@bobwards.com and I would be more than happy to give you the link!

Karly Billstein
    BobWards.com

Hi Karly,

Looked at your site and see products I could promote.

Would love to join, but you need to change "Action Referral Occurrences" in your program terms to "Unlimited".

A "1 time(s)" setting is like cutting my earning potential in half.

Cow Patch..

ABW Ambassador
    How about product links within CJ?

Do we get commissions for phone orders?

I also agree with what Cow Patch said
    quote:
    Looked at your site and see products I could promote.

Would love to join, but you need to change "Action Referral Occurrences" in your program terms to "Unlimited".

A "1 time(s)" setting is like cutting my earning potential in half.

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

After getting some great feedback from all of you, I have change our "Action Refferral Occurences" to "Unlimited" and have extended our cookie time to 120 days. I hope this helps you all out!
    Womanht, I am not 100% sure about commissions for phone orders, but I will find out and let you know.

Karly Billstein
    BobWards.com

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome Karly, it looks like you have a great pro-affiliate attitude.

I've just added you program to my "to-do list"

Javi

-------------
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman -- neither one works.

Hi, Karly...

As a fellow CJ merchant, welcome to ABW! You'll find that you will get great feedback from all the folks here, be they affiliates or managers or somewhere in between.

I think the key to doing well in these forums is keeping up to date on all the issues, posting regularly, and keeping in touch. Sounds like you've done a great job already with changing your cookie and action occurrences.

If you ever want to trade war stories or talk shop, email me at patrice@eastwoodco.com.

See you around!!

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.manager | eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com | v: 610.323.2200x2206 | aim: patricemilligan
    ::visit.our.private.forum.at.abw::

Wow, BobWards sounds pretty affiliate friendly. I think I'm going to have to check them out. Keep up the good work!

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Wow, BobWards sounds pretty affiliate friendly. I think I'm going to have to check them out. Keep up the good work!
    I have to agree there . . . and Hi Karly . . . I apologize if I came on a tad hard. It wasn't meant as a personal remark but only what I'd like to see from my point of view. Best of luck with your program and keep coming back to ABW.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

I just applied, and sent an email. Wonder if Karly is (doing the smart thing) off for Christmas?

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread