Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a new hosting provider and was hoping for some opinions. I’ve recently read some positive things about myhosting.com and Aplus.net. Has anyone ever dealt with these providers; any good or bad things you can say about them?
    Any other good providers I could take a look at?

One other question is why do some hosting providers give unlimited traffic when some only give 5 or 10 gigs? Is there some catch to the companies that give unlimited traffic or bandwidth usage?

Thanks for any opinions.

There's no such thing as unlimited traffic. They just hope you won't use very much. Most people use way less than 1 gig. If you use more than they have available they will stop you one way or another.

It probably says so in the small print, but even if it doesn't, don't believe them.

I like Hostrocket.com.. I use semi dedicated.. 12 gigs of bandwidth and unlimited diskspace. they do go down once in a while.. but there support is great.

Jason

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Take a look at THMedia.com. Tom Pyles, the owner, posts here daily and has the best support around. I have 20 sites hosted with him.

He's even got his own forum here. Pop on in and ask him some questions.

I have to second what 7-days said...you won't find a better host then THMedia.
    If it's a business site you can't afford downtime, support is great and so are the prices;)

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador affiliatemakeover's Avatar
    Honestly, you can't go wrong with Tom.

1. He has special ABW member prices.
    2. He's available all the time to fix/help whatever you need.

I just moved all my websites to him a few weeks ago. Smooth transition, excellent service. No brainer really. Should have done it a long time ago.

Thanks for everyone’s input so far, I really appreciate it.
    Anyone else’s opinions are also welcome.

Thanks!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I have to give Tom 2 thumbs up also.

Edited to add:

Honestly, Tom isn't paying us to say this. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    A host I have been using for several years with almost zero downtime is www.oneandone.co.uk. Outstanding uptime, outstanding price but support is a little slow. Luckily, I do not need support much.

I also host with www.alwayswebhosting.com but recently they have had lots of down time so am moving these sites. It's a toss up between Tom´s and oneandone. Oneandone is cheaper (don't know about the ABW special with Tom - he didn't mention it when I approached him for info on his hosting so I am going by the prices on his web site) and I am already with them so know how great their service is. Also, unlimited domains under one account with oneandone (Tom did mention it as a possibility with his company).

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Hey gang, thanks for support and recommendation...Just to clarify, the site is thmedia.net (not .com....I was cybersquatted a few years ago and have regretted it ever since)

Andy....I just sent you a Private Topic to follow up.

Emione....If you have any questions just let me know....we'd like to have you on board.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Tom,

How could I have made that .com mistake? lol

THmedia.net is by far the best hosting company I have delt with and I've hosted with a handful over the years. I give them two thumbs up, a couple of big toes and my pinky. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    LOL..it happens and it is in dispute right now...taking longer than I had hoped, but getting there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Are there any other good ones? I Always like to have some backups.

http://hpstore.evsholdingco.com/

Yeah actually I would like to add e-gws.com

We are a growing company and yes I know how many of you feel about upcoming hosts:)

We do provide good hosting at affordable prices, great support (24/7 real and personalized service via toll free #, emails, webtickets, heck many times even via im)

We do understand the failure rate in this business..thats why we keep our approach realistic. We are currently offering month to month contracts and billing so there is no real risk involved.

Try us out and see what you think. We are also offering domain registration at $14/yr and if any of you guys are interested in becoming domain resellers those prices start at only $10/yr. Just contact me for more info.

Taran

To the moderator: I wasn't completely sure if I could post in this section. Please do let me know if there is a different section that web hosts post in? Thank you

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread