Hello everyone. I noticed a posting on this board, dated back in February- that no one answered...and I need to know the same answer.

Can anyone successfully use subdomains to create many different affiliate sites and earn any income from them?

For example: or

I have an existing domain, but the name is not right for affiliate marketing...but I was going to use the main domain as a type of company "hub", and create a sub-domain for each of my sites- and then list each site in the search engines.

Will this work? I cannot afford to purchase new domains and hosting at this time. I thank you for any advice you can give me as I start my new site. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Carpe Noctem (Seize the Night)

Torrance, CA
    I have a lot of sites that are like

I think they work about as well as a dedicated domain.

So why do I have so many domains? Beats me. Seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess.

Take off eh?
    Based on what I read on another forum I set up a subdomain for my computer site. So far its been crawled, indexed, and now has a PR that is the same as the main domain. The info I received was that they generally work fine, but there was mention about not crosslinking them too much, if at all. They said the more seperate they were the better, especially for Google.
    I think Markymark(IS that right?) is the resident SEO guru here and I'd like to hear his opinions as well.

Game on!!!!

Gibsonia PA USA
    I'd love to see more feedback on this question as well, as it runs along the same lines as a question I posted on Wednesday here where I also asked if it would be good, bad, or indifferent to also use your company name in the url like and, etc. using different domains for every category.

Chris B.

<b>"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious."---Vince Lombardi</b>

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    May not be quite what you are referring to but here my sites and internet are through
    sites are I use 5 of the 7 "free" web sites they offer with their internet services.
    I use my domain name and have them forwarded to the applicable
    Link exchanges, submitting to many places I just use the www .
    Both the www name and free web site names end up being spidered in my instance. You may want to just use a fowarding such as this to some existing pages or new pages as you mentioned.
    I would suggest whatever way you work this out is to use a good title page that gives some clue what the page is about if you are concerned about what someone sees for your page info when it is shown in Google etc. I try to use a good title and not just a bunch of keywords, (I do try to mix a FEW in the title though) to try to get their attention and click to my site.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread