I'm thinking about developing an affiliate site that features narrow product lines of specific items from many merchant's sites.

I need a search capability to help visitors find the products, hopefully using a service such as Atomz, or EasyFind if possible.

Problem is, the search results won't have my affiliate tracking codes in the url, so I won't get commissions when my visitors click the search engine links.

Is there a way to solve this?

I tried to direct the spider through urls with affiliate links in the hope that the codes would be preserved in the seaqrch listings, but the spider couldn't find the merchant's pages.

ABW Ambassador
    Can you set up redirects? Like:

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

ABW Ambassador
    Is it possible to actually have the products on your own site? There are plenty of scripts that offer a site search..if you have them on your site, that search would work well. The more I think about it, you probably wouldn't have to spend a lot of time organizing them...most searches will pick up the keywords on the page, and that page wouldn't have to fall into a certain category....follow me?

(BTW, I love the nickname)

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

14k & TH,

Thanks for the ideas.

Yes I could use redirects, or have the products listed on my site (that would help my site's listings in Google too) but it would be a real nightmare keeping the pages updated.

A search engine could update it's database just by spidering daily, and save me the hastle.

Atomz had a solution, but it costs $15,000 a year

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread