Hello, I am new to the ABW boards but have been placing affiliate ads on my sites for some time with mixed results. I found the 'Is this up for real?' thread very enlightening after having a recent problem with clicks from my site being recorded as 'invalid traffic' in the CJ system. Any advice on spotting merchants who cheat by not reporting or disallowing sales?

When I check the reports on CJ and I get "Invalid Links Generating Traffic" is because those links are going nowhere, either the merchant is deactivated from CJ or they deactivated that specific link, but 95% of the time is because that merchant are no longer active on CJ, for one reason or another.

What I do is check to see if they are still active on CJ, if they are then I just check the link ID, but if they are deactivated, I will wait up to 48 hrs, if they are not back by then, I will just replace those links with another merchant.

Sal.

quote:
    either the merchant is deactivated from CJ or they deactivated that specific link

Thanks Sal. The thing that got me wondering about what is really happening is that these were all fresh active ads from active merchants. After uploading the new ads, this 'invalid traffic' report grew to over 14 pages. When I complained, one merchant 'found' 21 previously unreported leads and paid me for them - the rest either didn't respond or stated they could not see a problem.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread