I'm considering moving my site to Hostway and would like to hear opinions (good and bad) from anybody who has used them for web hosting.

Thanks. - The Internet's Fitness Resource

Net I have heard good things about them they are a little higher than some hosts though. I have used and we use for datecam and have never had a problem.

John Solamito
    Affiliate Program Manager - Affiliate program for Datecam
    C 206-920-5646

Netsweat, I have a hostway account that I use for serving images for our affiliate program.

I don't deal with them a lot my the impression I have is that they are reliable and their support is good but their control panel isn't as good as most out there. is a contributor here and I have heard good things about them, and personally I use where I have a reseller package for 15 domains.

Hope this helps,

Mark Mitford
    Sales Director
    Dotster, Inc
    15% Commission - 90 day cookie - 0% reversals

[This message was edited by Mark Mitford, on February 12, 2003 at 07:09 PM.]

Thanks for the comments. Most of the input that I've seen has been largely the same. Good service, but not the best control panel and some nickeling and diming (e.g. raw logs are an extra $2 a month).

They did perform extremely well in several netmechanic tests, though. - The Internet's Fitness Resource

ABW Ambassador
    I have been using hostway all along for my main site.
    I like the interface and the reports. There was only 1 downtime for the past 2 years and that lasted a few hours. Reponse speed is good and I'm generally happy with it.

I build my site with Frontpage and the extensions did get corrupted a few times. They were prompt in reinstalling the extensions though, once I notified them about it.

Support via email is ok. Sometimes quick, sometime you have to wait days to hear from them.

Only thing I don't like is that the price can skyrocket with the add ons. Also I don't use them for mailing my newsletter. Don't like their majordomo whatever lists.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread