ABW Ambassador
    First of all, I'm not looking to become a webhost, believe me, that is a headache I don't have the time or patience to deal with. However, I currently allow some friends and family to host their crap () on my boxes, and, being the lazy person that I am, my last priority is making changes that they request... If there was something that would allow them to do it, that would be great.

Anyone have any recommendations for a free one? As I don't make any money off of hosting these things, I can't justify spending money for a CPanel license. In all reality I probably won't use one anyway, due to security issues that are inherent in the way these things work, but, if someone had a recommendation, I may consider it....

Thanks for your help

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

I don't think there are any free ones out there..but I think some have trials limited to 5 users or something
    I am not sure which one
    here are some CP's
    ensim
    cpanel
    h-sphere
    wincp
    plesk
    helm

HostLead.com

ABW Ambassador
    hostlead,

Thanks! I'll check them out...

Webmin is free, but, I think it does more than I want...

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

I use webmin. Excellent program and does everything I need it to. 2 Thumbs up.

----------------------------
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Art.com, Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com, TigerDirect and many more.....

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Anyone have any recommendations for a free one? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Send'em to Geocities

Brian
    aka Cyclone

ABW Ambassador

hah.

----
    -J

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread