ABW Ambassador
    I am looking for a reliable hosting provider who supports ASP and MS Sql Server on Win2K. I need at least 500MB on the DB (not on file system). Any suggestions?

Hi KC
    I am doing a lot of looking on this myself.
    So far of the ones I have found, Cyber World Hosting seems the best.
    Based on what I have found on a web hosting forum I found, they seem to be very reliable and have had very little if anything negative said about them.
    I haven't tried them yet, but have contacted them a few different times by email and phone to ask questions and to see how long it takes for a response.
    To date they have answered the phone right away and have responded to my emails within an hour even on weekends.
    What I like about them is they also offer dedicated MSSQL 2000 hosting for dbs of different sizes up to 1gb.
    Their rates seem to be very good compared to some others.
    I am planning on migrating several of my sites over to one of their reseller packages starting late this month.
    I have also found a few others but for large databases Cyber world seems the best. I will let you know if I find anything else.
    Hope this helps,
    nate

Game on!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks a lot. I'll check them out.

ABW Ambassador
    Cyberworld looks sweet! I will have to add them to my list of hosts that I use.

The following companies do not have the SQL server req you need but are good multi-domain hosts for spreading your domains around.

Hosting4usa.com
    LFCHosting.com
    webhost4life.com
    efree2net.com
    tokios.com

Each of the above feature
    1) Win2k ASP
    2) SQL Server
    3) Multiple domain or reasonable reseller

IMHO stay away from best-machine.com - I have had WAY to much down time over the last 2 months.

I use aspn.us for my Directory Portal which uses SQL Server 2000

Phil Stanley
    http://www.hosting-america.net

ABW Ambassador
    Popdawg,

Did you finally migrate to Cyber World? How are they doing? I am in a terrible situation with my current host. I need to take a decision pretty quick.

KC

KC,
    I signed up with them in mid-march.
    I have been very impressed with them so far.
    They have always answered any questions very quickly and have helped me when dealing with a couple of tricky domain migrations.
    I have in fact reccomended them to my Brother in Law, who has also signed up a reseller account with them.
    Also, they have been making some upgrades to their web stats package which I found to be a little weak, although they provide raw logs. They have also updated some of their servers and they have added MySQL databases to the mix.

So far so good!!

Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

I forgot to mention, they also redid some of their pricing packages to make them a smidge nicer.
    Every little bit helps right?

ABW Ambassador
    I was almost ready to sign-up. Then I found they do not accept credit cards! Only Paypal which I do not have.

I was doing some more research and found a couple of negative feedbacks specially regarding their credit card issue. The discussion was at http://www.webhostingtalk.com. Will give them a call to figure out about the credit card issue.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Any suggestions?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Use a real web hosting OS

Barring that, search WHT... I see you've already done that.

----
    -JM

You had me curious since I signed up with a credit card and was, in fact, told they don't accept Paypal and hadn't for some time.
    I just phoned and they are having some problem with their CC processor but it will be fixed in the next day or two.

As for WHT, make sure you are looking for Cyberworldhost.com. Apparently there are a few other companys called some variation of cyber world.

When I joined up I had looked there and seen a few issues, as I did with every other host I found. That's why I did a little testing first, did a few support tickets with a single account, called them a few times for help, that sort of thing.

After my **shudder** experiences at my previous host ... **feeling ... dizzy ... from the ... memories** I wanted to make sure.

Like I mentioned previously, my experience has been nothing but good so far.

It's like night vs day when compared to my last host.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    Use a real web hosting OS

Barring that, search WHT... I see you've already done that.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would have, if mySQL had a decent full-text index capability.

ABW Ambassador
    Popdawg,

Moved one site yesterday. It has been painless so far. I need to make a minor change in the site because they do not have ASPQMAIL. Autoresponder did not work because of some issues they are having. Other than that looks okay. I am not sure about the performance though.

KC

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Would have, if mySQL had a decent full-text index capability <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have three reseller accounts with cyberworldhos now and they have been rock solid. Nice interface, no need for tech support etc.

SQL Server performance has been good too. I have no problems moving 10k products into tables remotely using 'transfer objects' commands in DTS packages.

I have tried MySQL many times, I just cant live without stored procedures and DTS packages. I do ALL of my data processing and production migration work in DTS (data transformation services).

ABW Ambassador
    Is cyberworld host a one man show or by several people? If the owner vanishes, will the services continue or will the host abruptly vanish?

StormHosts.com is another very reasonably priced host provider service we just did a redesign for.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrisk:
    I just cant live without stored procedures and DTS packages. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto about the DTS. Are you using full-text search at CWI? How is the performance for you?

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, I don't use any full text searches on my affiliate sites. I just use search boxes from stores themselves.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread