Ok I just tried to logon to NameCheap where I have several domains listed, and all I got was Cannot find server. Is it time to panic!

Should I tranfer these domains to Godaddy, (is Godaddy reliable?) will I be able to transfer if the Namecheap sever is down?

What do you think? should I quite being cheap and pay $35 for domain names?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Its coming up OK for us. I'd blame it on the power outage, but if I recall, namecheap is in California.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Thanks TH Media

I guess I jumped the gun. It still has me concerned that a domain server of names, would be off line at all (wheres the backup)

Anyway TH media thanks for responding. I would like to change to a host such as yours but if you read my other posts I an CHEAP.

Another episode in the story of "Why We Should Use An Established Name Dealer Even If Their Price Is A Dollar More".....which brings us to Lesson #1, Online Marketing 101.

Over the course of the year, you are only saving a penny every three days. It's just not worth the insecurity.

Same goes for hosting; if you don't take yourself seriously enough to pony up what amounts to PENNIES per day to use the services of an established, stable entity, then don't expect anybody else to take you seriously.

If you use Tom or some other established host, you get service and uptime. If you use aaa1cheapesthostintheworld.biz you'll be pulling your hair out soon enough.

THMedia are not cheap but it's not too extravagant in prices they offer either,
    Especially with the help and prompt response when you need help!

It's better to spend the extra few dollars to have a very reliable Server like THMedia, to have less worry, especially with affiliate marketing you'll need a very reliable server.

You could also try 5dollarhosting as a second choice.

I am more confident to know that our host is also a member of ABW.

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? <b>Crooks Overwriting Commissions.</b>
    <b>Don't worry! Tracking is infected!</b>
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Thanks for all the responses, but it was not the hosting I was worried about it was the domain registrar(spelling) which is now back online.

I pay about 10 bucks per month (not cheap) for each of my sites,(scattered around) a few of my hosts offer multidomain hosting.

The thing is I have allways been concerned that Google would not pick up these multi hosted domains or at worst penalize the multi hosted sites. (because I link to each site from each other site) Could I encure a penalty for this?

If not I guess I could save some money by using the multihost plans I currently use, because on most sites I am no where near their bandwidth limit.

anyway after my rambling does anybody else use Namrcheap.com ?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread