I have been searching for an entry level host with PHP and SQL capabilities. I found this one. 3.75-hosting.com/3.75-hosting-details.html

It appears that I can get a dedicated IP for another $1 per month, and MySQL databases at $0.15 each per month.

The option to have more bandwidth only when used seems like a plus.

Do any of you know about this outfit? Pro's, Con's?

Advice gratefully accepted.

Frank

"Just the facts, Ma'am"
    Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Sounds too good to be true...

~Revenue is King

You are right Leader. That's why I asked my questions.

I re-read your posts about 'cheap' not being the only criteria. I agree with all you have said there.

I just wonder if this one is for real.

Frank

"Just the facts, Ma'am"
    Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

You usually get what you pay for. I imagine at that price support is really lacking.

Take a look at THmedia.net. They do hosting for many affiliates here (including me) and have their own forum here. Support is unmatched!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

[This message was edited by TH Media on June 12, 2003 at 05:26 AM.]

I found a cheaper web hosting. Only $0.99/month, you get 100MB, 3GB of data transfer, MySQL... The URL is http://www.siteflip.com

If you want to compare web hosts, visit my web site at http://www.besthostsearch.com

Som

If you are looking for a cheap host - and you are not paranoid about 99.99% reliability or need huge bandwidth - That Siteflip deal looks great.

In general, I wouldn't advise people to look for the cheapest deal available - but a host like that is pefect if you want to 'try out' an affiliate mini-site.

If it brings in zero sales all you've lost is $12 for a years hosting (plus your $10 to godaddy) - once you've established that it brings in the bacon, you can move it to a more expensive host if necessary.

For some affiliate projects, it can be very useful to have a low risk option at start up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>256 Megabytes Of Transfers<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's how 3.75 hosting can be so cheap.

I just got an account with http://www.2mhost.com/

It has been relatively reliable, fast, and easy to manage. It is 18 dollars for a year.

ABW Ambassador
    Call me the bastard american, but I would seriously think twice about signing up for companies offering too good to believe deals from some countries. 2mhost is based in Equatorial Guinea.

What recourse do you have against them if they copy your entire site? Use your credit card to purchase diamonds from mondera? Not much. Are you willing to trust the most private of everything to someone half way around the world in Equatorial Guinea?

Siteflip uses celeron "servers" and loads them up - their main site has 358 domains on the one server. A bit loaded for a celeron 1.5.

Siteflip says the phone verify you before setting up your site - for a $12 a year, how much can they spend on support when they are already spending to phone verify the order, the order overhead, the bandwidth etc?

There are low priced hosts that are a good value but sub $5? I would be hesitant on both these for the reasons i listed

Chet

When it comes to hosting, there are a lot of "fly by night" companies out there, but they may not be around a full year for you to take advantage of their $12/yr deals...

At that price, if there is ever a problem that requires support, you will probably just be cut loose. Like the other pollers have said, when it comes to hosting, you get what you pay for (for the most part). Unless your site and business is worth less than $12 to you, I would suggest re-thinking such a move.

Chris N.
    Marketing Manager
    Eclipse Hosting
    http://eclipsehosting.com
    M-F 1.888.267.7817 ext. 201
    chris@eclipsehosting.com

My host under from http://popperhost.com, They are great support and AIM support too. Just pay once a year and that it.

check out http://www.i1internet.net/

i've used them for 3 years and they are very reliable, despite the low cost - plans at $2.95 and $6.95

I use http://www.peoplehost.com for some of my smaller sites. They have a CHEAP reseller account and an affiliate program

ABW Ambassador
    When you consider a web hoster such as iPowerweb who charge $95.4 for 1 year, you can get $65 back in commission. So you are in fact only paying $2.53 per month, and that includes a domain name
    I use iPowerweb and have had zero problems after over 1 year with them.
    They get the full money from a lot of people, due to renewing etc. Why go with a cheap web hosting company?
    Although what do people consider to be cheap hosting?
    I make more per working hour than it costs me to host my site for an entire year (basing it on an 8 hour working day) So dividing what I earn in a week by 40, I earn more per hour than my hosting costs per year.
    So I could afford to pay a LOT more for hosting, but would it be worth it? I don't know.

What do people pay for hosting? What is the limit that you would not go under? Or above?
    $1 per month? $5? $50? more?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Oh come on!

Even a more "expensive" plan from an established host at $15 a month is just FIFTY F#CKIN CENTS A DAY!

I really start to lose hope in the prospects of further evolution of the human race when I see people who want to chisel so badly when they are trying to run a "business"

Get real.

I've been using Hasweb for a few months for some big sites, they have some 'too good to be true' type deals... but they're not bad! Easy + quick setup, nice cpanel, tons of space and dirt cheap. No problems or downtime yet.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread