ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Looking for some hosting
    Anyone have any feedback on this place or elsewhere
    I want to walk before I run. Needing some multiple domain hosting. Afraid of putting out some big $ to start and having it get all screwed up by a wrong choice.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    They have been caught spamming some webmaster boards.
    Never tried their service so can't comment ont that..

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

www.httpme.com no question!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I agree with Haiko on that one.
    Kualo.com is a good 2nd choice.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    httpme, just moved to them 2 months ago and cannot say enough good things about their service to date. Never used the Cpanel interface but the more I use it, the more I like!

ABW Ambassador
    I know it sounds cheap but there are some other issues at play were making me look for something a bit less $
    Based on what has been stated here I will probably relook at HTTPME. Short term, as a smaller publisher it is probably overpriced, long term as more domains get addded I can see the benefits, no doubt.
    Probably the fact I can pay month to month is a plus for our needs right now.
    Thanks for the info

WW

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If your knowledgeable and a self serve kind of guy then look at www.pair.com Add on domains at 12.00 per year with a 20.00 setup fee.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I know it sounds cheap but there are some other issues at play were making me look for something a bit less $
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you are looking for simply cannot be offered for any "cheaper" than the rates that kualo and httpme offer.

Come on, it's a dollar a day. (Hey look, I finally managed to say that without using the F word )

ONE DOLLAR! You can't even get a cup of coffee for one dollar anymore!

------------------------------
    "Beware the man who preaches respect for you but does not demonstrate it. Ask him to show his face before you bare your back to his blade." ~ George Hayduke

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What you are looking for simply cannot be offered for any "cheaper" than the rates that kualo and httpme offer.

Come on, it's a dollar a day. (Hey look, I finally managed to say that without using the F word )

ONE DOLLAR! You can't even get a cup of coffee for one dollar anymore! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With health uncertainties I am just afraid of leaving the wife a mess o bills.
    Nothing to do about being f*cking cheap
    There I said the f word for you LOL

WW

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    http://www.httpme.com no question!

&lt;font size="2" face="Verdana"&gt;Haiko_

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli_&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto Haiko - Been on them for about 6 months now.

General comments:
    Run by someone who really cares, not a faceless corporation. When there's a problem, they work to solve it because it matters to them personally - it's not just some humdrum obligation to the client.

They did cause some pain when they made security changes. They gave us lots of warning, but even so it didn't go perfectly smoothly. Not their fault, they did everything right - it's just the nature of installing and upgrading complicated environments. As said above - they took it personally to getthings straightened out.

They have a GREAT community of like-minded customers, and the HTTP ME forums boards are a great resource even for domain owners who are not their clients.

They don't over-sell servers.

No-one is perfect though - they do have a tendency to make system changes without much warning which can result in unexpected downtime. Always back up quickly, but unexpected downtime always seems to occur just during YOUR peak time of day.

The CreditCard billing comes through Australia (That's where Aussie Bob lives, even though the servers are physically in NJ) so your transaction may be denied by your bank the first time. A quick call to my bank cleared it up and it hasn't been a problem since.

The best part is that I can creat all the low-traffic niche sites I want.

I can also give space to my dad, my sister, even a favorite charity, and let them maintain it all themselves through the Cpanel interface. Little things like that mean a lot to people, and HTTPME lets me do it easily.

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread