ABW Ambassador
    I purchased http://www.socksnstuff.com/ and put up a new site. When checking to see if altaVista had picked it up I found this. http://www.altavista.com/web/results...ls=1&avkw=aapt which brings you to www.fissuremedia.com/SAMPLES/sns/default.asp
    How do I handle this or should I not bother?
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Cazzie,

What the **** heck??? You just got this domain. How could someone do this already? Was this domain used before you bought it?

I need to do some more research, but this sure looks fishy to me.

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    It's listed right on their home page.

"New Storefront Demo Added!
    We've added a new E-Commerce demonstration site! Check out the Socks 'n Stuff online store."

My best guess is that it's a fluke that they named their demo store this, cuz it was a good name and it has nothing to do with your new site.

Dunno????

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consulting, Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: 13 High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Programs
    HUGE Holiday Sales Contest. WIN BIG PRIZES! <font color="#0000FF">Click Here!</font>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    My best guess is that it's a fluke that they named their demo store this, cuz it was a good name and it has nothing to do with your new site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This might be correct. Any number of scenarios come to my usually suspicious mind and none of them are sinister. I don't think a heavy-handed approach is needed. You might consider contacting them with a friendly request for a link: "Visit the real SocksNStuff.com for the finest in....." They only have a PR4 but the link won't hurt and their visitors already know you name.

Since they aren't competing for your customers (for your sock cutomers, anyway) I think any issue could be resolved in a friendly manner assuming they are reasonable people.

Wayne

ABW Ambassador
    The situation has been resoved. They were very nice about it and will be changing the sample site during the week.
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread