Hi.....I'm having a nightmare with Lycos at the moment. I use FrontPage 2003 (can't change..not an option..sorry dreamweaver fans).

As of today I keep getting the password logon box when I attempt to publish from my PC to Lycos, it won't accept the correct password and simply clears the boxes and does nothing more. Last week Lycos did have FP server extension problems and I was wondering does anyone else have this problem..and if not..can anyone suggest a decent reliable UK hosting site. Looking for about 100Mb and probably 5Mb bandwidth.
    Both my laptop and pc are the same..and it's across 4 business accounts..so i'm inclined to suspect it's Lycos at fault.

Malc

dreamweaver is way better than frontpage!!

ok just kidding heheh

The only UK hosting provider I've read recommended or mentioned a few times is oneandone.co.uk or 1and1.co.uk.. they have microsoft servers available with "full frontpage extenstions"

Looking at the site now and their title is "Voted The Best Web Host In The UK.. so they must be good

Hi, I've read a few things about 1&1 that put me off them..but I'm aware of them...and if Lycos continue giving me grief..I'll take the jump.

I have dreamweaver...but is it easy to start using it on a FrontPage created web ?

Malc

I don't know much about frontpage, except that it made really messy code so I never bothered trying it out.

I guess if you use the frontpage extensions extensively then switching to dreamweaver for the same site can be problematic. Although I'm not entirely sure what those extensions are

Hi,
    Basically FP extensions offer a few bits n bobs...online forms redirected straight to email etc..nothing amazing..and the latest version of FP has the option (and well used it is) to clean up HTML. The same as dreamweaver does. As I'm not into database sites yet...and have just about mastered FP i'll stick with it.

But the original post was about Lycos and their cr*p service this week !!!

Malc

this is the tripod/lycos free hosting, am I right? if so, I haven't been able to FTP up any new pages in months. times out before LIST every time.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

Hi Herb.
    No..it's the business paid packages. £10 a month...300 Mb space.... 15 gb bandwidth...ususal trimmings.........it's 75% fixed today..still can't get the FrontPage forms to work correctly.

Malc

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread