Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    It is with great joy, sadness and humility, that I would like to announce the sale of HTTPme.com to Voxtreme.com Ltd.

httpme sale

Is this old news to some of you? Always happens. Just when I was getting ready to sign up and transfer some domains. Should there be any concerns?

Are some of you still hosted here and will you stay? They sound good enough to join, I think.

Some of the changes they intend to implement are detailed below:-

-- An online billing system using Modernbill, allowing you the flexibility to pay using a wider range of methods and giving users the opportunity to view and print invoices online.

-- Fully managed dedicated servers. I understand there is a lot of demand for this here, and it is a product we offer under our Voxtreme brand. We are continually developing and improving this product range and it is something we will offer to HTTPme.com clients

-- An off-network announcement and communication site similar to httpme.net, but more in the http://www.voxtremestatus.com style allowing you to subscribe to receive email updates, etc.

-- A fully managed upgrade path from reseller hosting to fully managed servers (reseller hosting > vps / semi-dedicated > fully managed server)

15 years and counting
    I've several web sites hosted there and I didn't know. Thanks for the head up.
    I didn't like their Paysystem so as long as everything else is the same, I'm safe.
    I hope they are keeping their reseller accounts. I don't want to move again after the THMedia fiasco.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Gak.

I'll stay with HTTPme for now, and hope things effectively remain as they are.

I'd planned to move another site over to them during the next 30 days, and will probably do that.

Not happy news, though.

I was thinking of moving there, when the switch of ownership made me hesitate.

After searching the webhostingtalk forum, I have decided to go with unitedhosting.co.uk instead

They have fantastic reviews on the forums - tons of satisfied customers - and as a bonus, they are cheaper than HTTPME

ABW Ambassador
    This transfer or ownership actually took place a month or more ago.

All has been well so far, so I'll stick with them.

Generally, when a new owner steps in and inadvertently scuttles a company with 'visionary' policy changes, they tend to do it right away. The boat hasn't been rocked yet.

------------------------------
    Get Rich or Try Dyin' ~ Fy Dolla
    Got a beef? Call the Chief! 1-900-CHIEFBS

I would have brought my business there, but they don't offer shell access.

I went elsewhere.

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

ABW Ambassador
    Tiebreaker,

I've got a couple of domains hosted with UnitedHosting. You won't go far wrong with them. Been very pleased so far. My definition of happiness with a host is never having to contact them about anything ever. So far, so good.

Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Looked into newwebsite.com

Think I'll go with them. Still debating however between httpme and newwebsite.com I'm still going over the

But, you never know in these days. They might sell tomorrow too. It's normal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jrami:
    Looked into newwebsite.com

Think I'll go with them. Still debating however between httpme and newwebsite.com I'm still going over the

But, you never know in these days. They might sell tomorrow too. It's normal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL - Floyd at NewWebsite isn't going to sell. I help Floyd with the marketing/affiliate efforts so I should know very well. I've also been a happy customer with NewWebsite.com for over 3 years now along with a # of other multiple domain holders.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org

Thanks Larry,

&gt;with a # of other multiple domain holders.

I can tell, with all those sites on bottom of your page.

I can understand if a company sells. I'm all for that. I just want to make sure they still around for a few years longer, specially after I sign up. LOL

It's just that as long as the original owner owns it then he cares for it. But, as soon as the new suits come in all they care is about ROI.

Well, so far 99.99 percent I'll be signing up with newwebsite.com very soon. Just finishing another project this week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markymark:
    Tiebreaker,

I've got a couple of domains hosted with UnitedHosting. You won't go far wrong with them. Been very pleased so far. My definition of happiness with a host is never having to contact them about anything ever. So far, so good.

http://www.1design4life.co.uk - 1 Design 4 Life<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the feedback - yep, I've heard nothing but good reports about their service - and they are great value for money too.

Sound very reliable - been around since '98 I think - which is an old established company in the hosting biz

ABW Ambassador
    wow.. I had no idea.. thanx for the heads up jrami.

-------------
    &lt;font size="1"&gt;The price of Open Source is your sanity&lt;/font&gt;

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread