ExpireFish.com charges $20 when some others charge $70. Has anybody tried the service? Is it any good? Or is it better to pay for SnapBack or one of the others, even though they are nearly three times the price?

Thank you.

Nadeem Azam
    No1Free.com - promote your website for free
    Azam.biz - go here to develop a residual income stream

ABW Ambassador
    Pool ($60) has been the best catcher for me lately. Snapnames hasn't caught anything in about the last ten tries. Namewinner grabbed a couple and GoDaddy grabbed one for me. I haven't tried Expirefish, but haven't seen their name on very many of the catches.

If you really want a name, then you ought to try multiple services.

Usually a waste of money.

Pool and namewinner is what I;m using these days with pool typically being the most exepensive and the most consistent at the same time. Ran into a bad streak with snap and decided they had all but abandoned the model...just my perception maybe...

godaddy gets lucky every blue moon

dp

dp

Basic question about Pool: if I'm the only one to bid on a domain name that nobody else knows is about to expire, will that domain name be mentioned on the Pool site so that other people become aware of it and then try to outbid me?

Nadeem Azam

where do you find Pool?

azam - first, there is NO name about to expire that others do not know about. they may or may not be interested in the name but others do know.

placing a bid at pool does not draw any special attention to it but it most likely will be in their expired list for others to see. the question is will the name show up on their daily hotlist drawing attention to it as you try to fly under the radar...and the answer to that is who knows.

hawaii - pool.com

Thank you for the feedback - the people here are sooo friendly

I don't see the point of using Pool.com then, if they might share my 'hot secret' with their other customers. Who would you use instead please?

Cheers

Nadeem Azam

ABW Ambassador
    Azam,

It's not just Pool....all expiring names are known to all who follow the expiring domains game. You can get the lists from various places....you will not sneak a good name through without the domain world already knowing about it.

To win a good domain you need to backorder it through several places if possible and then hope. If it's real good, the possibility of getting it for even as low as Pool's $60 base is almost non-existent.

I use a very special bit of scanning software for picking up expired domains.. it searches by keyword, inbound links etc etc. Pretty exclusive, and it's not even buyable even more..

..except, the bottom has dropped out of the market completely. The really, really good names tend to be snapped up by the registrars. Everyone else ends up fighting over the scraps.

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

"To win a good domain you need to backorder it through several places if possible"

Final question: may I ask which ones you'd recommend please? Which ones are fastest/most reliable and least likely to share out 'our' domain name with other people?

Many many thanks.

Nadeem Azam

I think dynamoo's right. The latest trend I've seen is that people who used to (still do) sell expired-domain-finding services are in the business themselves of selling 404 and redirect traffic from expired domains.

... so what chance they let a good domain with residual traffic slip through to their punters?

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    See my first post in this thread...it lists the 4 that I use. Right now, Pool is the best.

Ken

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Azam.com:
    "To win a good domain you need to backorder it through several places if possible"

Final question: may I ask which ones you'd recommend please? Which ones are fastest/most reliable and least likely to share out 'our' domain name with other people?

Many many thanks.

Nadeem Azam
    http://banners.No1Free.com - promote your website for free
    http://www.Azam.biz/telecom - go here to develop a residual income stream <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread