Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Due to my "Domain Game" forum over at WebProWorld, I have been doing lots of research to try to help people and answer questions.

Just found this on a drop list site and thought I would share, since I have seen the question asked a few times here.

"May 7, 2004 : You may notice that Google is getting better at deleting expired domain Page Rank. Domains in Pending Delete are getting hit a lot more than any others. As of right now, they are running 4 days. What that means is when your domain is 4 days away from expiring... PR will be dropped. In the past, PR restored quickly with a content rich site. This may or may not be the case now."

I'll tell you something odd too.. I have a lot of sites that were expired domains that were PR0 for about a year, and now the have their PR mostly restored. Odd.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Domains in Pending Delete are getting hit <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, the domains I've been watching seem to get PR0'd just after they move to PENDINGDELETE status.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What that means is when your domain is 4 days away from expiring... PR will be dropped <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not always.. maybe whatever Google is doing is not 100%.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Yes I have seen lots of different experiences posted about this issue. Some even say they have been able to keep the PR on an expired domain. So just like with all things SEO I'm sure we will never know the exact algo and I'm sure it's not always consistant.

Good topic for conversation and to keep tabs on to see what everyone's experience is however.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread