My Stats have not been showing up when I log into my cpanel so I send my host a note and they respond that "Webalizer has been disabled on that server due to resource overutilization"
    They suggest that I can move to another server or use a free stats program.
    My questions are
    How will moving to the other server effect my rankings?
    Or should I just go with the free webstats program?
    I have been very pleased with this host up until now. Any advice is appreciated...I have 3 domains with this host.

far far away....
    run dont walk to another hosting company!

a move if dont correctly will not affect anything but your piece of mind!

the problem you have is this host has over sold the server so to save resources they are disabling tools, rather then move the offending websites!

that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Moving shouldn't create any problems, but we decided long ago that using a good traffic
    program off of our server was the way to go.

There are a number of reasons for this, but the main one is that some of the stat programs that come built into server space will over time totally devour your alloted space. Unless your really on top of server maintainance.

We went with and have been totally satisfied.

We now disable all stats and tracking on our

The stat counters I looked at need to have code loaded on every page?! Are there better options?

Can you tell me how a move is done right? I am at my wits end and know nothing else but to move to a different host. Please tell me the process.

if you're using cPanel there's an option to backup the entire home directory, aliases, filters, and sql databases.

Depending on your coding you might have to change your user directory for includes and such but overall you just backup through cpanel and then restore through cpanel on the new server and wait for DNS to propogate(switch domain name servers to new host name servers).

I did a move last week without a hiccup for one of my sites this way.. you can also ask your new host if they do site transfers.

If you do move hosts and you use email addresses on the domain then before switching name servers configure all the addresses to forward mail to a different address such as your home ISP or Yahoo since there is a lag time of up to 48 hours or more for name servers around the world to catch up. This is just a way to easily collect all mail from both old and new host without having to login to both.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread