My CPanel help is totally confusing, so I turned here for answers.

I have a domain set up www.forexample.com, and bought another www.forexample2.com.
    Do I have to string the first domain together with the second to make a subdomain?
    www.forexample/forexample2.com

Or can I somehow make the www.forexample2.com be recognized on it's own if someone types in www,forexample2.com?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Rick K.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

Depends on what you are trying to do. What sort of hosting account do you have? Do you have VPS account, shared, etc.

If you have shared you chances are you have 1 url account. See if your hosting company has plan that will allow you to add multiple URLs under the account. If you have VPS account you should have WEB Host Managager that allows you to add accounts. Each account in turn has its own Cpanel. Usually folks with many domains for hosting resellers will use VPS accounts.

About subdomains... You do not have to have a second Domain to have a subdomain. For example if your site is www.mallusa.com you could set up a subdomain like shop.mallusa.com or support.mallusa.com this is usually done in the cpanel area. Most host allow a few subdomains to be created.

I hope this helps.

Animal Lover
    I'm not quite sure I understand your question but this is how I've interpreted it. You've bought 2 domain names - if you've bought 2 then you need 2 hosting plans - even if you host them on the same host, you still need 2 hosting plans. Or that's how I've always done it.

Subdomains are different altogether. If you had wanted subdomains then you should've just bought the 1 domain name and then looked for a hosting deal that allows you to have subdomains - varies with different plans. Then as forMYOG has explained, all it needs is to set it up in the cpanel under subdomain - it then shows up in your cpanel as a folder in publichtml.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

do yourself a favor... go to http://niche-hosting.com and get yourself a midi plan... for less then $5 permonth you can solve your problems easily... you can host 3 sites in one account... an easy way for newbies to get started...

in the old days when many of us got started... this wasn't available...(dirt cheap hosting) so we had to use "free hosting"
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Are the bandwidths listed at niche hosting total for all sites? For example, in the midi plan is the 1000MB Bandwidth for each of the 15 sites or for the total used by all 15?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

it's not my site... but usually what ever is listed is for the entire account... that's how it was when I used reseller accounts...

and these are mini reseller accounts...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread