I have a couple of small sites that I want to move from my local ISP at $35 a month to Go Daddy at $8.95 per month. Has anybody used them and are they easy to work with?

Also, if so, anybody here have an affiliate link I can go through?

Chris
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    For small sites you should also consider ipowerweb and startlogic - I have used both and like them. I used godaddy for grabbing a domain but have not hosted the site yet.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I tried a them awhile ago but could not get support for my php websites. They NEVER answered any of my email questions. There's plenty of other hosts that do a much better job. I just signed up with Niche-Hosting.com and have been VERY happy with them. Its an abw member and its good for me since I have just a few websites.

Very easy to use and their suppurt was on the ball! I think you can host up to 15 domains for $10. can't remember exactly but definitely worth it if you just a few sites.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

I agree, Ipowerweb is ideal.

Right now Globat is running a special http://www.globat.com/promotion/2for1.php . I'm just an affiliate of theirs and have never used them so I'm not sure of the quality but they look pretty good.. PM'd ya some info..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuziGeek:
    I just signed up with Niche-Hosting.com and have been VERY happy with them. Its an abw member and its good for me since I have just a few websites.

Very easy to use and their suppurt was on the ball! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that mention, (and your business!) Suz. Support is really fantastic.

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

I too use Globat. They've been good to me -- even gave me some free extra bandwidth when my videos got slashdot'ed last month (100GB+!). Reliable, compent, very reasonably priced. When I launched my current site, I even posted a small review of Globat. Note the link to a useful 404 JavaScript to address web server's case-sensitivity -- a reference I learned about when a Globat staff person, randomly stumbling on my review page bemoaning case-sensitivity, reached out and sent me this helpful suggestion. Now that's service!

I'm also a Globat affiliate. Made my second sale last week. Not exactly big business, but every little bit helps... ;-)

::: www.HostmySite.com $8.00 per month and they answer thier phones. Upgrade to Weblogs Stats for 3.00 extra...Free Domain Registration

Thanks guys, you have been very helpful
    Chris Mayr
    When amassed, even dust can become a mountain.

There is a finite amount of intelligence but an infinite amount of stupidity in the universe

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    cmayr23,

You might want to read through some of the threads regarding hosting companies in the Domain and Hosting Forum. There are several threads from folks asking the same question and a lot of responses from members about their different hosting experiences.

I would read the comments about them on webhostingtalk before hiring them, I think that would hold you from taking godaddy or globat

GoDaddy Hosting is expensive.
    I used Hire Host and it's been so far so good.

I used GoDaddy for my domain name though. (Also have some in eNom and thinking of moving all of them to Directi).

Go to WebHostingTalk and see what hosts are best for you.

I find GoDaddy great for managing domains but expensive and unresponsives for hosting.

R

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread