I've never used this feature when building CJ links, instead going for a product shot with the name and graphic being the link and information alongside. Sort of like the whole "buy button" link, but without the button.

How widely is it used? Does anyone have any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise of how effective it is?

When I am in a rush I've used them, haven't tracked how effectively they work.

But what I always do, is change "BUY" to "MORE INFO", which joe surfer is much more likely to click and is more accurate/less frustrating for him too.

I add something like "from XYZ.com - price $123.45" after the buy button.

And then check the link...check it again..and again...just to make sure.

Malc

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think I know what the "CJ Buy Button" is. Could you expand on that a bit please?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

Hi Cyclone,

If you "view products" for just about any CJ merchant (I haven't checked them all ) you get three link options.

There's a link via a product shot only, a text only link and a link that combines the product picture with a text desciption where the link is through a button labelled "BUY".

I've always combined text and the picture and avoided the "BUY" as I felt it was too assertive and may put people off more than work to get them to click. I like the idea of changing it to "MORE INFO" though, maybe I'll try that and track the links.

edited - Paul beat me to it.

I'm sure you do know it, it's just when you create a product link through the CJ interface and you get 3 automatically generated choices. One is a text link, one is an image link, and the other is called a content link (I think) where you have the image, a description, and a "buy" button.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Content links are different (often, they are a short article, but some merchants put other stuff in there so content links are a bit of a mystery prize until the aff clicks for link info). They appear in the "links" list as opposed to the "products" list.

You've got the important part, though--the "buy" button appears as one of the choices for a product link once someone clicks for the link info or hits Get HTML.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!~Old Christmas Song

ABW Ambassador
    Oh yeah, I remember those . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I'm addicted to placebos.
    I'd quit but would it matter?

Seems like those product links that the CJ affiliate interface generates with the Buy button might yield better clickthroughs if they made the product image and the product name into hyperlinks too, in the same display. Three links in one display.

quote:
    A.K. Burditt wrote: Seems like those product links that the CJ affiliate interface generates with the Buy button might yield better clickthroughs if they made the product image and the product name into hyperlinks too, in the same display. Three links in one display.
    I hope CJ sees this and responds - this is a really good idea, no doubt one that would increase conversions.

Andy

quote:
    Originally posted by A.K. Burditt:
    Seems like those product links that the CJ affiliate interface generates with the Buy button might yield better clickthroughs if they made the product image and the product name into hyperlinks too, in the same display. Three links in one display.

That's why I don't use them and build my own from an image and text link combined, I can also put an alt text on the image if I do it myself. I just wondered if I was making work unnecessarily and that the ready made "buy" link was just as effective.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread