Ive registered a few domains recently with godaddy.com. I know there not the cheapest around but i like there account interface and so on...i find it easy to use.

So after registering these domains i wanted to add privacy to prevent all my details being viewable through whois lookups. $7.95 to get rid of a few lines of text is a bit expensive i thought considering 3 of the domains cost me the same.

Anyone else agree? Are there any other hosters that charge less than godaddy for registration and privacy options. I dont need anything fancy as long as it works.

Cheers,
    Matt

Depends on how much you value your privacy.

The Godaddy option (domains by proxy) not only keeps your personal info off the whois roles, but it catches a whole bunch of the auto email spammer stuff. I normally get 3-10 notices per week from them.

I use it (privacy option) on several sites, don't use it on several more. My content and mall sites are private, my niche sites are not.

Domain registration fees all seem to fall within a range. If you need something for less than 8 or 9 bucks consider the tld's. Maybe .us or .info. They are generally less expensive.

Don't know of any other privacy options, but there must be others out there.

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

If you value your privacy I actually think its a cheaper option to rent a post office box for 100 a year. If oyu have more then 10 domains its cheaper that way.

I agree with Mickey...

I've been using this tactic for 30+ years...
    I use mailboxetc. cuz I get a street address unlike with the Post office where you only get a box number...

my address looks like a real address...

joe blow
    123 great st
    suite 2345 (box number)
    no where, ak, 78624

for a phone number.. add a disignated ring number added to you current phone line... for 5 or 6 buck a month you get a second incoming line.. it has a different ring so you know it's a business call..

I also use voice mail cuz i screen all my calls...

I dont like to be interrupted when I'm in the middle of something..

I answer calls on my terms not those of the caller...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikey The Geek:
    If you value your privacy I actually think its a cheaper option to rent a post office box for 100 a year. If oyu have more then 10 domains its cheaper that way. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why didnt i think of that I actually have a po box setup for another purpose, ill just use that option.

Cheers
    Matt

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread