Please Help!

Have been with previous host since 1997 .. had dedicated IP's in various C Classes.

Host has recently given notice that they will be moving all clients to shared hosting.

Got a dedicated server (from an up and coming, supposedly extremely reputable hosting company).

HUGE mistake! Server was down for 6 hours!
    With all my eggs in one basket I had 100+ sites down all at once. .

<span class="ev_code_RED">Desperately seeking 8 good, reliable hosting companies.</span>

Needs = Unix Hosting, 10 dedicated IP's in 3 to 4 different C Classes from each host, good tech support, and obviously ... UPTIME !

Do not need huge amounts of disk space or bandwidth. All sites are fairly small and quite simple affiliate marketing sites, some of which link to one another .. hence, the need for different C Classes.

Thank you sooo much for any help you can provide. .

hello,

we will be up at the end of Feb, with 24/7 customer support and outstanding features, such as MIVA, URCHIN, SPAMASSASSIN, FREE SCREEN SAVER with your logo.

since u have so many sites, i will give u free the first month, to upload any pages u want, up to 20 websites, and then if u see u are satisfied, u stay and get charged after March.

take care and get back to me if interested

PS: Will be exhibiting also at the hosting conference in Chicago 6-7 June

Ummm .... the answer is at the bottom of the page ...

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I was with Rackspace for quite a few years. Towards the end there I was getting a bit annoyed with random network blips that caused my sites to be offline even though the server was up. In the end I also felt like I was being overcharged for old hardware. But they are good at what they do.

I'm currently have a few of my own server in a local colo facility and that works well, but also have a leased dedicated box at ServePath.com and I'm very happy with them. When I needed an "emergency" new server to handle a situation with another host, they had me up and running amazingly fast.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    In the end I also felt like I was being overcharged for old hardware.
    Yeah, that's the only thing I can say bad about RS. They didn't upgrade my hardware until RedHat's software upgrade wouldn't run on the old stuff.

I'd still recommend them--the service on other issues has been great--but it is a bit irksome to see other places offering upgraded hardware more often.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I would say Rackspace's service is excellent. You pay a premium for that kind of service.

ABW Ambassador
    Repeat, with rackspace, you pay a premium. They just charged me >$300 for just one month's managed backup alone.. without even warning me. I nearly fainted when I saw the invoice.

I have a server at ServerMatrix and have been very happy with the support they give..

i have heard that these are ok????
    might help
    http://www.startlogic.com/
    and cheap

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, but don't ever go with Rackspace. They will fleece you.

They charge ridiculous amounts for their managed backups. They charged me more for these backups than even the hosting costs.

I already told them I do not want that managed backup daily, yet they charge for daily backups of I don't know what? I can't seem to get them to understand that I do not want whatever excess stuff they are backing up. I can't even see what they are backing up and have to pay huge bills blindly.

It happened last month, I told them I do not want that, but had to pay the bill at the end. I said to limit it the backups to specific folders.

I thought they would not do it again, but this month, the managed backup alone is almost $500. they just do not care and are just out to fleece their customers.

Do you know of a replacement for Rackspace that will not fleece their customers?

I really like the service and support I've gotten at Server Matrix. If you want something a little more managed you might want to check their partners The Planet.

They moved into a new datacenter and they were having $0 setup specials..

Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have..

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread