Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I was just reading in the Ebates forum below that the new download is doing blind redirects on affiliate links. Anybody who has this installed seeing this? Can you confirm this?

Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Seems the Haiko and BobbieK have seen this happening for the "new" version. I haven't installed the new version, since I have the old one on my computer. I want to keep it so that I can see if they ever "fix" those. The Mo Money app doesn't download an install file on your hard drive. It just installs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    I was logging in to check my CJ stats and guess who is on the start page? Ebates as a featured publisher. I'm reading the Ebates success story now.

TrustNo1,

I confirmed it with one of webmaster Mike's links earlier this afternoon. It was a brand new install [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] So much for eBates' word [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    That likely explains the slow sales and possibly lack of clicks for many of us.

Everybody was complaining on CJ and as soon as I saw Todd say "I've checked and network traffic / sales looks normal" (or something to that effect), bells went off ringing.

If network sales over the last 3 - 4 days are an indication of damage that can be done by ebates alone, some peoples 3% or less lost in sales and commissions theory is a bunch of crap.

Will someone see if this is being done on Linkshare links please. If it is, I want to know how and what they plan on doing about it.

That's exactly my question.

Though I expect Linkshare to do nothing...

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If network sales over the last 3 - 4 days are an indication of damage that can be done by ebates alone, some peoples 3% or less lost in sales and commissions theory is a bunch of crap. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be just the tip of the iceberg considering this is the time for 30% increases not 3% losses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1:
    I was logging in to check my CJ stats and guess who is on the start page? Ebates as a featured publisher. I'm reading the Ebates success story now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm feeling clueless here, I thought ebates was on BeFree? I'm not seeing any stories or any mention of ebates on either CJ or BeFree though? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    They are a publisher thru CJ and run an affiliate program thru BeFree. If you go to the CJ start page, just refresh it a few times and Ebates will come up, on the right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1:
    They are a publisher thru CJ and run an affiliate program thru BeFree. If you go to the CJ start page, just refresh it a few times and Ebates will come up, on the right.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, okay thanks! I never use that front page to enter so never would have seen it.

Coulda, shoulda seen that coming the minute they mentioned their fix. and it has been a few weeks, whatever happened to the so called fix for the old versions that was supposed to happen?

Has anyone let the networks know, or are they in on it?

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    If you have time use the feedback option to comment on the ebates success story. I felt better after venting. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

http://www.cj.com/publishers/success/ebates.asp

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was just reading in the Ebates forum below that the new download is doing blind redirects on affiliate links. Anybody who has this installed seeing this? Can you confirm this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What type of environmental controls are being used when these tests are taking place?

What operating system?
    What browser?
    Are you updating an old client that was installed using accepted practices?
    Are you overwriting a functional and existing client?
    Where there previous installs of MMM or is this a virgin installation?

etc...

Before validating anything it is useful to know what types of controls are being used.

regards.
    Wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Advanced & Automated Data Analysis for Performance Marketers.

ABW Ambassador
    It shouldn't matter what the environmental specifics are.

It's already been stated that this was A NEW INSTALL and that old programs have not been being updated.

If - "in our little world of users here" these kinds of problems can be documented, you can be assured the same problems exists on a very broad scale with ebates users.

This is likely a sign of what Ebates thinks about any kind of agreement and just said the heck with it.

I my opinion, it's time for linkshare and any other networks that are going to present themselves as "really taking a stance against affiliate hijacking to protect affiliates" to stand up and blast these guys out of their networks.

Any non action or comments from networks regarding this issue will very likely be a bad sign as well and only lead to confirm the many speculations that a meeting and proposed standards to protect affiliates would be a farst!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    My vocal rants to the likes of ebates -Gator and the other hijackers has made EcomCity light up like a Christmas tree with these poachers. Even my 100% parasite free merchants like TigerDirect still trigger the buggers with competing Ads and a tag along to the merchant sites.

WebMaster Mike

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I agree: it's time for the networks to put up or shut up.

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Wayne,

It is not an anomalies!

What operating system? Windows 98se
    What browser? Ie6.0
    Are you updating an old client that was installed using accepted practices? Virgin install
    Are you overwriting a functional and existing client? Virgin install
    Where there previous installs of MMM or is this a virgin installation? Virgin install

They even went so far as to install an "E" button into my IE toolbar!

</font></p>

FYI - No return call from Paul at eBates yet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

</font></p>

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Wayne Porter said:
    What type of environmental controls are being used when these tests are taking place?

What operating system?
    What browser?
    Are you updating an old client that was installed using accepted practices?
    Are you overwriting a functional and existing client?
    Where there previous installs of MMM or is this a virgin installation?

etc...

Before validating anything it is useful to know what types of controls are being used.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on Wayne, get real. The only question that needed to be asked is if it was from a new download or an old version. Since ebates stated at the Nov 7th meeting that all new downloads no longer overwrote links, and that a "fix" for the old versions would come later. And that question was asked and answered, in the 2 reported cases it was new downloads. It would appear that ebates did not keep their word. This is not the type of thing that happens from a technical glitch due to OS compatability.

I would be interested to here from anyone who has MMM installed that was not overwriting links from the fix. Maybe I should ask first if anyone tested this themselves on their own computer after the ebates announcement to verify. If you did and it wasn't overwriting, is it now? Wondering if they "updated" the fixed versions to start the diversions again. Considering their statements about updating the old versions at the Nov 7th meeting.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

I don’t want to be an alarmist or sound too paranoid, but does anyone else find it odd that ebates has returned to their old ways just days before the expected announcement by the networks regarding the parasite issue? Does anybody think that they may have been given the go-ahead in advance of an announcement that these practices will be tolerated? Like I said I don’t want to seem too paranoid, but ebates’ timing just seems to be a bit suspicious.

Jason
    “That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

I don’t want to be an alarmist or sound too paranoid, but does anyone else find it odd that ebates has returned to their old ways ... and it coincides with CJ's reporting problems? "Just a question ... I'm sure it was just a coincidence" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "Just a question ... I'm sure it was just a coincidence" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yeah I bet it was!

Mike are you sure about this?
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Even my 100% parasite free merchants like TigerDirect still trigger the buggers with competing Ads and a tag along to the merchant sites.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    cazzie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Even my 100% parasite free merchants like TigerDirect still trigger the buggers with competing Ads and a tag along to the merchant sites.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike,

Your TD links are NOT being written by eBates and neither are direct TD links ... I just confirmed it.

</font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Hailo are linkshare links being overwritten or not?

Also, I'd like to install it and do some testing myself. Are there any ramifications to installing / uninstalling the MMM?

ABW Ambassador
    BLFH,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Come on Wayne, get real. The only question that needed to be asked is if it was from a new download or an old version. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, all questions must be asked. Failure to ask the right questions would be irresponsible.

I make no apologies about being careful before I cast stones or make judgements. I look for maximum information and fact.

Haiko- Thanks for posting environmental variables. This sets a good testing precedent.
    When you removed previous MMM versions from your machine did you use Find and Remove programs or another 3rd party program?

best,
    Wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Advanced & Automated Data Analysis for Performance Marketers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast