Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Could I ask all merchants who have decided against using ebates and other parasiteware to post, in their own words, why they have decided not to participate in their programs?
    (Merchants only, with "attaboys" by affiliate welcome. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

Thank you!

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

We're 100% opposed to sites that use Parasite-type technologies, and surprised that other merchants tolerate it. The goal of our affiliate program is to reward sites that generate sales for us. Generating sales takes work. We see our affiliates as marketing partners and want to compensate them for the work they do merchandising and promoting our products.

Parasite-ware programs allow companies to gain commissions for sales that they had no part in creating - the companies don't even have to display a link to us! When we pay a company using parasite-ware, either we end up paying a commission on a customer that would have visited us anyway, or we pay a commission to the wrong party - not the affiliate merchandising our product, but the one whose software the customer happened to download. These type of commmission payments don't increase sales for us - they just make our compensation worse to legitimate affiliates and raise our costs of doing business.

Jenny Richmond
    www.sheetmusicplus.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    For the affiliate program that I created, I specifically stated that I will not work with parasites - as defined by the moderators of ABW.

As for why, well, I like to sleep at night. Sorry, probably not much help as far as a convincing logic. Would it help if I said, "Because Parasites s*** d** ****? Eh, probably not, ther're children present.

-Tom Rice
    www.tarice.com

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I designed a program that makes it impossible to hijack the link by a BHO redirect scheme. www.suspenders.com/affiliate.htm The only cookie that can get placed on the affiliate coded link comes from with a secure server that creates a unique shopping session active for 7 days.

I applaud any merchant who understands, like Jenny, why parasites will undermine your affiliate sales program.

WebMaster Mike

AllPosters.com is against ParasiteWare(tm) and we have added a section to our affiliates agreement that prohibits any use of all existing or future ParasiteWare products and services by our affiliates. We closely monitor our affiliates program and immediately terminate any affiliate that uses ParasiteWare software/service from the AllPosters.com Affiliates Program.

We value our affiliates as business partners and will not allow hijacking of their commission by ParasiteWare.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at:

affiliates@allposters.com

~Michelle

~AllPosters.com Affiliates Program

freebiesforever.com realizes the full operation of those dialers, applications,freeware,software, shareware that specify they are free or free for a limited time, however they don't personally tell there consumers that they may be adding spyware-which watches surfing habits of consumers, could steal credit card information, personal information, or steal your passwords which could do severe damage to your computer or life. how would you like it if a stranger called you on the phone and told you that your girl friend or boy friend, husband or wife stole money from them in the past or was arrested for a crime in the past? While there's the phone number they stole from the internet? would that hurt someone? I think so.- What about if you owned a music store? and your competition sneak in some coupons into your store promoting your competition? is that defined as illegal since it's on your property? it's the same as with domains, you bought the domain, you bought the webspace. legally you own that site online. how would Safeway like it if a coupon $5 off for walmart showed up on Safeway's site via whenu or gator? would Safeway customers understand? hmm competition of there rival being promoted on Safeway property would lead to copyright infrigment and a possible lawsuit against gator, whenu or Walmart?

Ebates? The philosophy of there Money maker. you install there application. you do not understand that they are thiefs stealing from other small affiliates or webmasters. How would you like if you found a site that generated revenue to help donate to sick, stray, homeless animals or those who need help by shopping for good products and good prices? whould you be upset if that revenue that was supposed to give a second chance to a sick/homeless dog for a better life? be stolen to a agressive, greedy company which does not give you the choice of donating and making a difference, and how about those commissions being stolen from the small company or webmaster who has volunteered there time to make a difference and make a huge impact on a community? How would your loyal customers feel? about being affiliated with spyware or parasites, There privacy could be exposed? or possibly there money be stolen or eliminated to a big company and that second chance to help a animal or person in need be eliminated in seconds? think about it? a $5 donation of buying your products online can give a meal and blanket to someone in need, and that $5 can be stolen because of a greedy advertising method? I would think that would be quite upsetting? don't you agree? Merchants just think about this issue will you? how would your partners or customers feel? there personal information given away or sold away and the possibly of pulling that hard earned revenue from your bank account and used for a severe crime, such as fraud, and even worse? your homeless because of a mistake installing Gator or whenu on your computer and exposing your credit card number? or personal information to hackers and these so called legimate companys? What about the possibility of being sued because of copyright infrigment because your ad showed up on your competitions legal property? Look at Gator? there's lawsuits against them, it can happen to you! Don't be involved in these companys. Your business can totally be effected, lets say one customer of yours installed a parasite or spyware on there computer and signed up and bought something from your site? and a hacker or person got a hold on there credit card # and personal info via your system- and committed fraud? Would your visitor buy from you again? what about if these hackers or suspicious people started sending your customers junk mail? there's a lawsuit coming for you!- Sorry but I never will be associated with these kind of sites, because of the possibility of a issue could come up. And for your information Ebates money Maker is a parasite it redirects affiliate links that belong to the webmaster who provided the important content to company that's its perpose is to make $ with aggressive advertising. I have more reasons but this could take a full couple hours so If I were you I would drop those parasites and join the affiliates who are striving to make a income to make a living or to help non-profit organizations. We hope you will take the time to decide to drop the parasites and not be affiliated with spyware and join our team and these merchants above that do not support this kind of advertising methods and may also provide action against those companys that do!

Jason

http://www.freebiesforever.com

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

[Edited at the request of Jason]

[This message was edited by Haiko on December 04, 2002 at 12:15 AM.]

Catalogs.com is completely opposed to the use of any parasiteware, thiefware and/or spyware techonolgies. Our affiliates are our biggest partners and we want to compensate them fairly for promoting our product.

Catalogs.com does not participate in the Ebates program but that doesn't mean that we have not been affected by it. We believe that the only way to stop the use of parasites on the net is through affiliates. Affiliates should boycott merchants who have relationships with websites who use parasites. The easiest way to get your message accross is by hurting their pockets!

Marifer Vergara
    Affiliate Manager
    Catalogs.com
    The #1 Source for FREE Catalogs!!
    http://www.catalogs.com
    AOL: Marifer006
    MSN: NanaVergara
    Yahoo: maria_maria_s

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Tiger,

Well, there is enough here on this forum to know where we stand. I'm slammed now, but anyone please feel free t oadd topics within the forum for reference to Tiger's stance on parasites.

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

Affiliate Manager
    collectiblestoday.com has taken a firm stance not to work with any parasiteware... We dropped Ebates from our program today...

We want to make sure that affiliates who are investing their time and money into promoting us are secure in the knowledge that they are partnering with a trustworthy company which in turn partners with other trustworthy affiliates... It's the circle of trust that once broken is hard to mend...

Regards,
    Mitul

collectiblestoday.com
    Home to All Things Collectible!

affiliates@collectiblestoday.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mgandhi:
    collectiblestoday.com has taken a firm stance not to work with any parasiteware... We dropped Ebates from our program today...

We want to make sure that affiliates who are investing their time and money into promoting us are secure in the knowledge that they are partnering with a trustworthy company which in turn partners with other trustworthy affiliates... It's the circle of trust that once broken is hard to mend...

Regards,
    Mitul

collectiblestoday.com
    Home to All Things Collectible!

affiliates@collectiblestoday.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you, Mitul!!

GiftCertificates.com has made the business decision to discontinue the partnership with Ebates. As of 12/6/02, GiftCertificates.com is no longer listed as an Ebates merchant partner.

Noel Sommers
    Affiliate Program Manager
    NSommers@GiftCertificates.com

To all the Merchants here that care and know it's the RIGHT THING TO DO...

Thank you very much and God Bless you all,

I and I know others do appreciate your support!
    Stepping forward for long prosperous business in an ethical way is the only way!

And I also know that you (Good Ethic Merchants)
    will have full support of advertising your products with pleasure from all of us!

again, Thank you very much...

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks to all merchants how have listed their programs. I'm to the point now that I'm only adding new merchants that declare their objections to parasites and participate here at ABW. It makes the pool smaller, but it also should make the quality higher.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

Hmm...how did I miss this forum?

Bare Necessities does not work with parasiteware related companies.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

Hi all...

Being fashionably late to posting to this group :-)

As many are already aware, GigaGolf dropped eBates and other parasitic affiliates from our program last month.

For affiliates, the results have been good, a wider selection of affiliates have generated sales this month so far. Also, this is the first month ever that the top ten affiliates have not generated the majority of sales (so far). Over 50% of our sales so far have gone to affiliates 11-50. Not exactly sure what that means, but I'm hoping it's a good thing&trade;

Mark Wolinski
    Affiliate Relations
    GigaGolf, Inc
    800-724-3085
    AOL: gigagolfmdw

Mark it it signs of a snow ball turning into a snowman as it rolls down the hill. You'll never loose a affiliate who gets a paycheck. All parasites will come and go as they burn through your fertile ground looting last years crop.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    Over 50% of our sales so far have gone to affiliates 11-50
    - - - - -

That's an interesting statistic. It would be very interesting to review the typical stats for companies that do use parasdites versus those that do not, to look for a trend.

"The internet is an audience of one, a million times over." -Peter Guber

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    That's an interesting statistic. It would be very interesting to review the typical stats for companies that do use parasdites versus those that do not, to look for a trend.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can supply a little bit more. We dropped Ebates sometime in mid to late November. For the past year, here is the breakdown percentage:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    Month Top 10 11 - 50 51 - 100
    Jan 64% 36%
    Feb 59% 41%
    Mar 55% 41%
    Apr 64% 35% 0.39%
    May 58% 41% 1.43%
    Jun 72% 28%
    Jul 62% 38%
    Aug 64% 35% 1%
    Sep 56% 44%
    Oct 75% 25%
    Nov 72% 28%
    Dec 49% 51% 0.12%
    </pre>

My job is to get 100 affiliates really producing sales for us, so I'd love to see those percentages go to 20%, 40%, and 40%.

I think it would be beneficial to have a merchant who currently deals with ebates and others to do a serious evaluation of a previous month to see exactly what effect parasitic affiliates have on businesses. I did a short 3 day evalution that I posted a while back, but I think a larger merchant would provide a better real-world example.

Mark Wolinski
    Affiliate Relations
    GigaGolf, Inc
    800-724-3085
    aol: gigagolfmdw

Mark if they seriously poored over the stats and take into consideration the extra spiff payouts they'd burn those Duper affiliate phone numbers.

Webmaster Mike

"Anyone can make a dollar, it is when you make sense that it starts to add up."...does your eBiz plan make sense?

Parasites are not welcome at EssentialApparel.com. Period.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

I see a lot of merchants saying they have quit one of the parasitic programs here and that is great, BUT over the past months, if you were a merchant in one of those programs you made money on the backs of your affiliates who got nothing.

It would be nice if some of these programs like this return some of the money to their affiliates, maybe a $10-25 bonus or an extra 20% added to their commissions, or even a lowering of their minimum payment.

This would show the affiliates you have both your heart and mind in the right place.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Why dont we ask e bates kazaa and all the rest to return our money too while we are at it.
    I don't think it's a feasable option for any of the merchhants to do this equally and fairly without substantial evidence a sale came from our own websites.
    Just in case any do want to send me money let me know and I wll glady offer where you can send it to me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Hi,

I agree with the sentiment, but it would be incredibly difficult to figure out which affiliates were affected, and to what degree.

We did implement our '365' promotion to try and help our existing affiliates take back more commission though.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I appreciate those who have dropped affiliation with thrieves such a ebates, BUT....

I see a few on this list that are still partnered with parasites such as Morpheous.

If you haven't read the following thread and paid attention to what Jamie from Coldwater Creek discovered, maybe you will want to.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=9976057111

~Michelle

What about the other sites that use top moxie software such as igive.com? Good job and continue the good work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast