Do a quick search for ebates. You should find that out of 46,000 results, a huge number of these are the sites of our fellow affiliates promoting ebates.

How many of these affiliates know that they're supporting they're supporting their own destruction? My guess is none. We all know that it's the affiliates that loose with scumware, yet still thousands of us continue to support ebates purely out of ignorance.

We've tried talking to the Merchants, many won't listen. So why don't we go down the list of affiliate sites supporting ebates and let them know what they're getting themselves into? A simple cut and paste email educating affiliates and getting the links off their sites would go a long way in fighting parasiteware.

What do you think? I know that some emailing has already been going on, but I find it ridiculous that this many people are still promoting an affiliate that steals their commissions.

-Joey

Sites Linking to Ebates

Sites linking to Ebates < 300

Hi,

I know that I'm a merchant, but I just wanted to say that I think that is a GREAT idea.

And I think you should keep after the merchants too.

I would bet that more than 50% of the merchants working with ebates.com don't understand what MMM does, and how it affects them.

Thanks,
    Michael

Michael
    973-621-6211 x 5040
    michael(at)barenecessities.com

ABW Ambassador
    c1d- that won't show ebates affiliates linking to ebates (through their affiliate link)...

Joey- Yes, its .. sad.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Yes ..let's give our FREEBEE/Coupon pushing breathern the high five! Cuddo to BeFree and Performic for hosting our buddies Gator -eBates and a slew of other incent Dupers who lavish our industry with great PR.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! Where's the love and show me the money?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Sites linking to Ebates < 300 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember that Google only *shows* an in-link if that link comes from a page with a certain PR. As I recall, PR4 is the cutoff for showing in the link: tool. In other words, all the links from PR3 and lower sites don't show up--but they're there...

I believe that AltaVista had a tool that would show ALL the links-in to a site, but unfortunately I forgot the command to type there that brings the info up...

Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. - Frank Lloyd Wright

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sites linking to Ebates < 300<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This only shows sites directly linking to ebates. As Joseph said, it doesn't show affiliate links.

I have one site showing just 12 links to it in google, yet it recieves traffic from hundreds of affiliate links.

For a better idea of how many affiliates are linking to ebay, I'd try this search. It looks like nearly all of these are linking to ebates, and I'm sure there's more affiliates than just the ones using this phrase.

check this out
    http://www.myfreestuffs.com/freecash.htm

They should be shot

xrayEyes

So would anybody be interested in helping me email "unaware" affiliates? I have don't mind writing a cut and paste email at all if the intrest is there...

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread