ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>eBates's CEO Alessandro Isolani said: "We're as benevolent as you can get with this technology and our attitude towards other affiliates, but we're being depicted as Darth Vader. I don't have any interest in taking sales from anybody." Isolani continued, "What's frustrating from a software producer's perspective is that you can jump through all the Code of Conduct hoops, take all the feedback, and be in compliance with aggregators, yet still get slandered and slammed by this fringe group of affiliates. We've done something out of generosity, a sense of community to help these affiliates out. The response is, 'no, change your business model.'"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Full article byDeclan Dunn here

I hope he doesn't consider stealing my sites visitors, or my commissions to be "benevolent"!

His attitude, and posture, toward this whole thing is clear. he doesn't give a sheet, and is arrogant about it, too!

In the last year I have significantly increased the number of pages to my three sites, and have added a lot of promotions/advertisements. My traffic has significantly increased as well. My commissions are steadily declining. Today I dropped to a "four" from a "five" in network earnings at CJ.

I think these "technology providers" (see code of conduct - thier way of side stepping thiefware/parasiteware as a descriptive term) should be made to comply or get dumped. Instead of being allowed to work "through the hoops", or should I say circumvent the loop holes, instead, they should be terminated if they do not come to full compliance. This sixty day "come into compliance" should be a one time thing. If they have violated they should be terminated. The idea that a potential buyer, at MY website can be solicited a offer that is tempting, and be diverted... well it pisses me off. and to think that a visitor at MY site can click on an ad/creative, go to the site and purchase, AND I STILL DONT GET THE CREDIT! really pisses me off

btw.. this "fringe group of affiliates" aint playing. keep pissing us off!

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

[This message was edited by Big Chuck on May 03, 2003 at 02:31 AM.]

actually, it would be EASIER to get darth vader to change his business model.

ABW Ambassador
    ...so we are the 'fringe' huh?

I've been somewhat of an outsider all my life and I think that I'd rather be on the fringe than be a thief like eBates.

-------
    ExchangeReview.com
    ...success or failure; I proceed on with grim determination and persistence until the end.
    Stanley Holtsclaw 04/30/03

It looks like his statement was written by the former Iraqi information minister

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    It looks like his statement was written by the former Iraqi information minister
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> LOL, we knew "Baghdad Bob" would turn up somewhere!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:

Karl Smith
    _http://www.phillyburbs.com_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, you're right! here's is his latest press conference:

http://www.theinformationminister.co...p?ID=612134004

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    LOL ...eBates is living a telemarkers dream come true. Iratating shoppers 24/7 with their incessent popups for peanuts. If the eBates merchants don't wise up all the Internet will have popup blockers installed on their systems. When Bagdad Bob gets through his PR spin for eBates those not using this theftware will have their bellies roasting in the pits of hell.

PS: eBates merchants I need a raise in commission rates to their level or I'll cruisfy ya every chance I get.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...952#5586087952

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    This sixty day "come into compliance" should be a one time thing.
    - - - - -

What do you want to bet that come sept/oct, just as the Xmas season gets rolling, half a dozen parasites will slip in and out of compliance? Maybe I'm just a pessimist regarding this topic, but I think the worst is ahead of us. JMO, of course.

I drank what??! -Socrates

ABW Ambassador
    Now that mothers day is approaching we might start making some money when they allof a sudden come back into compliance. I went to my friends house again. I went to one of my sites and clicked on a barnes and noble link. whenu offered a coupon at the barnes and noble site! barnes and noble uses parasite comapnies as publishers? where can i find the list of who does and who doesnt? I know there was a list, but somehow have lost the link. Does anyone know where I can find the list of merchants?

Ebates... grrr... I wish I could monitor what kind of ads they display on my sites. I bet they heavily keyworded ads coming up on coupon and gift sites, not to mention sites like my magazine site, too. grrr...

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread