Anyone using them and notcied a drop in conversions the past couple of months? I just noticed ebates is an affiliate of there's and I'm almost sure they weren't before, and my conversions have plummeted the past couple months on the same traffic, nothing has changed on my end. Curious if anyone else is using thema nd noticed the same.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    eBates might put a dent in their conversion ratio, but they might also overwrite the affiliate cookie with their millions of PopAds on many news sites and portals. They advertise everywhere.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I still do well with GotoMypc, BUT I can say that as of recent (several weeks), my traffic and click amounts keep increasing to them but sales and leads have dropped considerably.

So, you are not the only one. Any way to stop these parasites???? Does that ?affsrc=1 thing (something like that) actually work?

I don't know if our network's promotion is exactly the same ($1/lead for the Free download?), but I checked the cross-network conversion rate for the GoToMyPC program for previous months and found the following:

February - 10.5%
    March - 11.5%
    April - 13%
    Current - 11.5%

With a good click rate, this program is still running strong as far as we can tell.

Joe Flores
    "Profitman"
    Affiliate Manager
    www.affiliatefuel.com

$1 per lead on AffiliateFuel!?

CJ pays $10 per lead and $30 per sale.

That's an impressive conversion ratio though for the free lead! My conversion ratio (over at CJ) is far, far lower. And my traffic is very targetted.

We are talking about two different promotions. Our GoToMyPC requires a name and email address only, and the download does not have to complete to qualify. The "lead" is defined differently and the CJ program requires many more steps.

Knowing now the program you are talking about, the explanation for your dropped conversions is that the GoToMyPC program recently stopped the automation of their subscription service. You now have to opt-in, rather than opt-out, for the continuing monthly program. This dramatically reduces the number of free trials that are executed from, what our network considers the first lead step. You should definitely give our version of the promotion a try, as the elements that have been affecting your conversion with the other program, are not factored into ours.

Joe Flores
    "Profitman"
    Affiliate Manager
    www.affiliatefuel.com

So are they trying to make less money or what? May as well try affiliate fuel get something for my 3 or 4 hundred clicks a day.

Joe,
    What's your EPC on your "version" of gotomypc?

Factors associated with higher cancellations were the reason that they had to make adjustments to their subscription service. They are still very committed to successful affiliate promotion.

As of today, the conversion rate is 12.7%, which is an effective $0.13 CPC.

Joe Flores
    "Profitman"
    Affiliate Manager
    www.affiliatefuel.com

Well I think I'll try you all out some, I sent over 50,000 clicks to them the first quarter and didn't make near that much per click.

I'd be happy to get you started and I'm sure the rest of the affiliates would like to hear how the two programs size up next to eachother.

If you are not already registered, please do so and email me the login name you select. I will have your application quickly processed. Please be sure to use Haiko's referral link and the email address below.

https://www.affiliatefuel.com/cgi-bin/welcome?abestweb

jflores@affiliatefuel.com

Joe Flores
    "Profitman"
    Affiliate Manager
    www.affiliatefuel.com

Cool, just finished signing up and just sent out an email to my list as a test, see how they convert before adding any to my webpages.

Thanks, Q.

I guess we can't use this to analyze the recent drop in conversions, but you'll have to let us know how this lead program compares to the program at CJ on the back end.

Joe Flores
    "Profitman"
    Affiliate Manager
    www.affiliatefuel.com

Joe,
    I'll let you know for sure, I just wanted to use this as a test for the mailing list, I'll keep those numbers seperate.

Yes, please post here how it goes.

qball, how is it going so far with the other program??

Well I'm doing it in stages just as a test, I first sent out an email to my list, they don't convert worth beans, they just want info, but I got about 3 leads out of about 10 clicks, then I changed over a link I have on every page that's just says something like Home access, get your free trial and I have converted about 5 or 6 percent of those, in a couple more days I will add the links from the pages dedicated to gotomypc and see how those clicks convert, which I would think would convert a lot higher. I'm happy with it, I've already made almost as much as I've earned from their CJ program in the three days I've been sending traffic, but this month is way down for them because of the changes they made. I'll definately stick with them for what I'm doing now and when I switch out the rest I think I may move everything for as long as they have it running at affiliatefuel.

Enjoyed reading this thread very much. The primary reason we make our ads available on different networks is just to get more affiliates to post our ads, but it's definitely interesting to see how some affiliates may beneifit from one pay model more than another.

Here's a quick preview on what's coming within 30 days:
    * Commission increase for ads available at CJ, Be Free and Affiliate Fuel
    * Automatic free trial to buy conversion flow coming back. Modifications are being made to increase the conversion rate while still protecting free trialers from unwanted charges.
    * GoToMyPC PocketView launch: This feature will enable all GoToMyPC users to access and use their PC from wireless handheld devices.
    * GoToMyPC Pro launch: This GoToMyPC version will enable businesses with fewer than 10 seats to opt for multiple PC administrative features.
    * Upload of new tried and proven banners and links.

Ben Kiblinger
    GoToMyPC
    benk@expertcity.com
    https://www.gotomypc.com/partners.tmpl

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread