Mods: If this belongs in Merchants Against Parasiteware or some other forum, please move.

Received this pleasant e-mail in my CJ box today ---<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Affiliate Partners,

We have recently been made aware of issues regarding ebates.com, and after careful review we have decided to terminate our relationship with Ebates.com, effective immediately.

The reason for this is that they are taking commissions from legitimate affiliates that generate new sales with their Moe Money application from sales they did not generate directly. Please note that affiliates are free to do with their commissions as they please (within reason), including giving some of this back to their customers. However, if affiliates try to divert revenue from other legitimate affiliates, we will do our best to control this.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions regarding this policy.

Regards,

Nate Burke
    nate.burke@outdoordecor.com

Director, Business Development
    OutdoorDecor.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMHO, this is the most we can ask. Sites are certainly welcome to offer rebates or other incentives. The true evil is the overwriting cookies from sales generated by someone else. Good move based on sound principles. I sent them an e-mail congratulating them.

BTW, I believe this confirms that eBates is, in fact, overwriting cookies. Gee, I wonder if the networks will do something about it before the holiday season hits full speed.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

ABW Ambassador
    Just sent the a Congratulations email

We have to show these AM's that dropping ebates is the right way to go.

-------------
    <font size="1">Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough? </font>

15 years and counting
    I had a long talk with Nate today regarding ebates and an other thread on ABW.
    It just shows all merchants are not bad and it would be better for some affiliates to talk to their merchants.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Wooohooo and a big THANK YOU to Outdoor Decor!!!

Way to Go!!

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Thank you! thank you OutdoorDecor!
    Excellente....

I feel like dancing anybody want's to dance with me?

another one bited the dust, another one bites the dust.... ye heeeey another one bite the dust...

NEXT????

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Very Good Outdoor decor!!!!!

Cool... seems like they followed my advice after sending them a letter suggesting my disapproval of ebates! Good move Outdoor decor you did the right thing, I don't have a problem with ebates cash back, but I do have a problem with there money Maker software, If you are reading this Outdoor Decor, links will be up soon! Thanks for taking that step - just got this in cj mail

Affiliate Partners,

We have recently been made aware of issues regarding ebates.com, and after careful review we have decided to terminate our relationship with Ebates.com, effective immediately.

The reason for this is that they are taking commissions from legitimate affiliates that generate new sales with their Moe Money application from sales they did not generate directly. Please note that affiliates are free to do with their commissions as they please (within reason), including giving some of this back to their customers. However, if affiliates try to divert revenue from other legitimate affiliates, we will do our best to control this.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions regarding this policy.

Regards,

Nate Burke
    nate.burke@outdoordecor.com

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>

"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

updates on outdoor decor..

Not dropping ebates: http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=6936050764

Is dropping ebates confirmed today: http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=8886084864

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>

"No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."

ABW Ambassador
    STILL partnered with iGive - what's the difference?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread