2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Seems like all the CJ toy merchants I've pushed for years all come up duds at Christmas time! What's the chances of eToys/KBtoys making it?

Toy sales at toy stores, which would include Toys R Us Inc (TOY.N: Quote, Profile, Research) , slipped 7.7 percent, compared with last year, according to data from MasterCard Advisors, a unit of MasterCard International.

Overall retail spending grew about 6.5 percent from a year earlier, a tally of MasterCard use during the holiday shopping season showed.

The toy sales figures do not include toys sold by discount stores, said Michael McNamara, director of research products for MasterCard Advisors. "This shows that stand-alone toy stores are having some trouble."

"It was a disappointing season for the toy business," said Jim Silver, publisher of Toy Wishes magazine. "It could have been a lot better, but the pricing of toys at cost or below cost created havoc and destroyed profit margins."

There were a number of popular toys this season, including Hokey Pokey Elmo by Mattel (MAT.N: Quote, Profile, Research) unit Fisher-Price, Hasbro Inc.'s (HAS.N: Quote, Profile, Research) handheld video player VideoNow and LeapFrog Enterprises' (LF.N: Quote, Profile, Research) educational game player Leapster. But that may not have translated into strong revenue for retailers.

The early data is the latest insult in a tough year for toy retailers. FAO Inc (FAOOQ.PK: Quote, Profile, Research) , parent of upscale FAO Schwarz toy stores, filed for bankruptcy twice this year, and privately held KB Toys withheld December payments from suppliers to save cash.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Wasn't it e-toys that went bankrupt 2 years ago?

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

every merchants that you get click through get sales, but you just don't get the cut!

The scums that is being pampered by all is taking the cut not you or any body that don't use the scummy ways of making a living.

If they just cleaned up and bug sprays these leaches you won't have a problem getting converting with merchants. It is proven to those that honest to their affiliate!

So I don't believe on the excuses of not converting!

What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

I sent eToys/KBtoys plenty of traffic and didn't get one sale. Go figure... For toys I use Amazon, crappy commission but they have datafeed.

Bye!

I actually did really good with KBtoys.com this Christmas. I had a 3.5% conversion ratio in November and 5.42% in December, compared to 1.42% from January through October.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

quote:
    Will CJ ever attract a honest Toy Merchant?
    No

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Farewell, CJ! I loved you when you were young and pure. I will try to remember you that way. Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    There are honest toy merchants at CJ. I did well with etoys and kb, also do good with some parasite free toy merchants at cj: imagine the challenge, redwagons.com.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Will CJ ever attract a honest Toy Merchant
    cj

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Check out catalogcity- they have a huge toy section. This is actually a big old shopping mall, so your customers will surely find everything they need, and TOYS as well...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome to reality Vipervs. CatalogCity is an affiliate ...not a merchant. They pay you a portion of the real commission ...if they possibly can track sales through that hoge podge of shopping cart programs and the yahoo stores.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    Check out catalogcity-

I avoid them if at all possible
    Put up a product link and before long all you see is little red x's all over the page because they have to change it without notifying anyone
    A very unfriendly merchant program to work with unless all this needless work to redo links all the time is something you enjoy

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread