Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Action Jackson - King of the World
    For me CJ sales have been very low compared to my other networks this month. Of course, I know part of that is the lack of feeds I have access to at the moment. Is anyone else seeing low sales?

I didn't have a single sale yesterday out of over 700 clicks!

Jack Mitchell

Last month, my ratios were:

44.1% Linkshare
    43.9% BeFree
    4.7% CJ

So far this month, they are:

40.8% Linkshare
    44.4% BeFree
    4.4% CJ

No sizeable change in ratios for me.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Michael you forgot Performics:P

Jack Mitchell

5. ABW Ambassador
    1-4 january sales suck 5-now sales back normal

Going strong here, especially on the 5th.

The DentalPlans.com program has seen a good sized increase in affiliate production and sales this month.

Evan Weber, Director of Marketing
    DentalPlans.com, Inc.
    Earn $50 per sale with one of the best converting offers online! [/b]
    954-923-1487 ext. 105
    evan@dentalplanscorp.com

CJ programs have poorer performance for me than programs run through LS and privite programs

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

Although, I had 1 merchant who 'found' some commissions after I complained

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

I see proportionally the same as Nov and Dec, overall sales at the same or greater level as November.

Sales are almost non-existent for the first 8 days. Checking for commissions several times a day is like watching a pot boil. Must be penalized this month for having too much fun?

Paul K. Gjenvick
    Curator
    Gjenvick-Gjønvik Family History Centre & Digital Archives
    www.gjenvick.com

Historically, online transactions for January tend to be the same or greater than November's each year.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

[This message was edited by ToddCrawford, CJ.com on January 10, 2004 at 11:43 AM.]

I agree with Todd...sales look very similiar to last November.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Not here they're not, everything else is up, cj is down for me.

quote:
    Originally posted by qball©:
    Not here they're not, everything else is up, cj is down for me.

Same for me. Other networks are at November levels for me. I'm going backwards on CJ - reversals coming in from December - I've only 3 sales this month. sigh.

CJ sales were pretty good for November and December, and January has sort of got off to a fair start. Now I'm waiting with bated breath to see whether all sales will be locked in by the 10th so that I can get my commish! Hope there are no extensions. January sales for LS and BF suck though - too many window shoppers with no money after Christmas I guess

Hi everyone,

I am new to this excellent forum.

I was wondering to what you would attribute the big difference between CJ and LS and BFree?

Surely from a buyer point of view they see products not affiliate networks. Does this suggest that the merchants on LS and BFree are much more attractive to buyers than those on CJ?

Finally, how does CJ usually perform, notwithstanding the experiences in this thread?

Thanks!

DentalPlans.com loves CJ!! We have tried all three networks and CJ is the best for us! The affiliate are great and our program keeps expanding.

DentalPlans.com, Inc.
    954-923-1487 ext. 105
    evan@dentalplanscorp.com

Hi Evan,

I am pleased that CJ is doing so well for you

However, when you see he vast discrepancy in the numbers posted here, which were:

44.1% Linkshare
    43.9% BeFree
    4.7% CJ

What does that suggest? How can CJ only account for 10% of the other networks, especially considering they are the leaders and have excellent merchants? As I said before, website visitors done't see networks, only content and links?

Just a question, but could the CJ tracking system be going seriouly awry somewhere, or are the numbers quoted just a temporary glitch? I wouldn't want to put alot of effort into a program if I wasn't getting credited for the sale.

BTW - I think you have a great program there!

Thanks again.

quote:
    could the CJ tracking system be going seriouly awry somewhere

I've been running CJ ads next to other networks for some time and the clickthru rate is 10 times less than the others. Kinda looks similar to your numbers . . . Sales? I get regular results with other programs and private programs but no CJ programs - just a bone now and then.

When I complained to some of the merchants I was running ads for, one of them 'found' previously unreported sales. I don't think 'glitch' is the right word.

Web_Novice

It's never a good sign when they 'find' sales, especially when using a 3rd party affiliate system. Perhaps there is a problem with the tracking. From an advertisers standpoint things are good for us, but I would have to ask some of my affiliates if they have experienced a decline in volume,

DentalPlans.com, Inc.
    954-923-1487 ext. 105
    evan@dentalplanscorp.com

Thanks again.

The unnacounted for sales can't be a good thing. I am sure CJ will want to investigate that.

I still can't understand why the click-through rate on CJ is so low. It is not as if the vistitor is saying like "oh.. that's a CJ affiliate, we won't click that link/banner". Visitors just see links and banners.

I a interested to hear opinions as to why CJ programs don't attract the clicks or sales.
    Is it the banners? The merchants? The products?
    There has to be a reason for such a huge difference.

Thanks again!

apc,

You are only getting two people's opinions - I wouldn’t conclude that one network is necessarily better than another from a few postings. Results depend more on which programs you are promoting and the volume and quality of the traffic to your site.

You will find affiliates here who have their preferences between networks and individual programs. Some make a few hundred dollars a month and some make five to six figures each month. Therefore, you need to take some of the opinions expressed here with a grain of salt until you know more specifics about the people posting.

For example, I have seen hundreds of posts over the years of affiliates complaining that sales are not tracking because they had 100 clicks in a day and no sales reported. They may not say they only had 100 clicks but simply post “sales not tracking!” causing others to worry that something is wrong. Then usually one of the affiliates that makes more money or has seen more clicks will chime in that sales seem normal or better than normal for them.

Anyway, I thought I would jump in with some opinions of my own. I hope they help.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    For example, I have seen hundreds of posts over the years of affiliates complaining that sales are not tracking because they had 100 clicks in a day and no sales reported.
    How 'bout 800 in a week?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

quote:
    How 'bout 800 in a week?

How about 875 in a week with 2 sales and 1 lead? How about 134 clicks to one advertisers and 2 sales?

How about earning a few hundred dollars each month?

How about passing me a grain of salt?

I am making these numbers up to point out that (a) 875 clicks in a week is not very many and (b) if you were to look at certain numbers in more detail, you may see that there are results.

I know of an affiliate that generated a solid 100 clicks to an advertiserr this week who's 7 day epc is $8, yet this affiliate didn't make any money on those 100 clicks. My point again is 100 clicks are not enough to base any statistics on.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

[This message was edited by ToddCrawford, CJ.com on January 10, 2004 at 12:49 PM.]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast