May I ask a dumb question?
    and email me at affiliatetracking@hotmail.com

Please correct me if Im misunderstanding this. Most of the time when people are promoting affiliate programs and getting paid through CJ they set up a site around a topic say Baby Products, they have links on that site going to the REAL company who actually owns the product and where it can be processed with a credit card if the person buys and then CJ.COM tracks your sales, or linkshare or performics whatever , but by the sounds of things that Im hearing and seeing on peoples sites is, Some Of you and correct me if im wrong are doing something different,

you setting up a site, say like a SPORTS SITE, and then your intergrateding the payment systen from the Person you would normally JUST link to, that you you applied to, what I mean is
    Lets say you have created a site called
    sport-wear.com Your want to promote sports wear, so you go on CJ.com find all the companies that deal with sports wear and you signed up for with a company called (fictiousname) SPORTSGOODS.com, normally you would just have their affiliate links links on your site sport-wear and when they are clicked the person ends up at SPORTSGOODS.com decides what to buy, pays with acredit card and CJ.COM tracks whether or not you make a sale. BUT at no point have you actually taken a credit card on your site, you have simply given a review and then directed off from your site.

NOW But by the sounds of what im hearing on this forum is your doing that BUT your site
    sports-wear.com is instead of having links that when clicked go to SPORTSGOODS ( real guys who take the money)

Your in fact somehow intergrating their payment taking system into your sites, so as to APPEAR as though YOUR the actualy STORE, but in essence your just getting paid a commmision by the company SPORTSGOODS.com through CJ? your not really taken the payment,

If I am wrong then your sites with payment systems on are in fact your sites, your taken payment and shipping goods, an then just promoting your site through CJ as a merchant offering affiliates an affiiate program BUT!!!

If I am right? Your in fact going a step further than just having links on your site, Your actually taken payment or, CODING into your HTML the STORES payment system, so its still procerss through them and tracked by CJ but it makes your site look like a real STORE, how in hell you do that,as I make good money just by setting up sites with links that link off to the real SHOP/STORE, I dont take anyones money on my site so email me as im slighlty confused,

at affiliatetracking@hotmail.com
    I really want to hear about this, thanks

ABW Ambassador
    No, people put links on their site to the merchant. Didn't you ask the exact same question in another thread?

I work in lounge pants

And why are you yelling?

Must Build More in 2004
    Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

quote:
    Originally posted by Affiliatetracking:

I am a bit confused here; you arrive here and immediately break the rules by posting a link to an ebook about affiliate marketing.

Then you post again to condone your opinion of 2 people in the business, going on about forums being bad sources of information.

Now you post wanting answers about affiliate marketing, with your email address in 2 locations.

ABW has a PM option, why in the world would anyone give up there email address with SPAM being a problem. Next why not buy that ebook you were promoting to get all the answers you want?

SandraR

affiliate managers and store owners also post here and have forums of their own.

if you're looking at the addresses in their sigs they are most likely the real store.

Hes Baaack!

You owe it to Yourself and Your Family to do the Best That You Can.

Just Lurking
    Where the heck is a sport merchant that offers that big of a commission to justify the greif of dealing with customers?! Make that any kind of merchant!

If all the newbies are going to start writing ebooks maybe I should get started on mine!

------------------------------
    "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The point to take from this is anyone, regardless of intent, armed with a merchant datafeed with pricing can spoof any merchants site. Any person armed with a suppliers datafeed can setup an internet store and collect credit card sales information ...even if they deliver no products to anyone. Typical network merchants are not real merchants at all and act as middlemen for those actually doing order fullfillment.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

do you really make money with you saan site? dont you thnk you provide your customer with too many options? instead of having one site on dvds and another one clothes you have combined them all into one super mall? its not a bad thing and site is great looking just not sure if the super mall things works when it comes to affiliate marketing, i was told to major in on a catorgoty not a mall mindset, whats your thoughts, thanks

quote:
    Originally posted by SandraR:
    quote:

I am a bit confused here; you arrive here and immediately break the rules by posting a link to an ebook about affiliate marketing.

Then you post again to condone your opinion of 2 people in the business, going on about forums being bad sources of information.

Now you post wanting answers about affiliate marketing, with your email address in 2 locations.

ABW has a PM option, why in the world would anyone give up there email address with SPAM being a problem. Next why not buy that ebook you were promoting to get all the answers you want?

http://www.ssan.comhttp://www.artgoo...oon_avatar.gif

quote:
    do you really make money with you saan site? dont you thnk you provide your customer with too many options? instead of having one site on dvds and another one clothes you have combined them all into one super mall? its not a bad thing and site is great looking just not sure if the super mall things works when it comes to affiliate marketing, i was told to major in on a catorgoty not a mall mindset, whats your thoughts, thanks

Affiliatetracking ,

The site you viewed is one of many sites I run and maintain. SSan was my very first site and is still my baby; yes I do make money from it as well as sell my own product line from it.

I run targeted sites, informative sites, company sites, and my baby the mall. I hope this answers your question.

SandraR

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread