I had a complaint from a visitor that they had bought something from Classic Closeouts.
    They had an item they needed to return and went thru the return procedure listed on Classic Closeouts site.
    Well, they got their package back from Airbourne, saying the address on the package did not exist.
    They tried emailing and calling and got no response. All they got was an automated phone thing and no representatives.
    Airborne told them that they had other packages with the same problem that they had to return to the customers due to a non existant address.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow..... not good!

ABW Ambassador
    A simple check at BizRate would have shown you that this outfit has extremely bad customer support

One customer wrote warning others that the company is a big scam. Many didn't get any e-mail responses back whatsoever, there was no way to cancel an order, etc.

People complaining clothing arrived dirty ...is that any wonder considering they took out a lease on a run down building full of pigeon droppings and garbage?

I had never had any complaints in the year or so I have been running them. People on my forums are always posting deals for them and shop from there, so I was suprised.

ABW Ambassador
    I suspected them to turn off tracking code because I gave them good exposure but sold only very little.

carneol

Hmmmm....

I just got off the phone with my Amazon Visa - which I had only previously used at Amazon moons ago and paid off - but forgot I used it at Classic Closeouts last month. Well, someone from "Link For You" has charged $4000+ three times on that card last week, so they called me suspecting suspicious activity?!

Then when I saw this post, I ck'd my stats at CJ - not one sale credited! Not even the two I made myself!

Can you say drop?

Interesting thread, considering I just got one of those "push" pending offers to market them.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

This company is a SCAM! I ran them for over a year and a half.. sent them over 500 clicks and not one sale.. Also does anyone remember UrbanQ.com ? Well this is the same people. They're links aren't worth the space.. Let the parasites have them all to themselves..

Here is the proof....

This guy.. Dan Greenberg is listed in the UrbanQ.com FTC lawsuit for not paying customers their rebates (for those that don't know about UrbanQ.com they operated similar to CyberRebate.com).

http://www.ftc.gov/os/2003/06/urbanqstip.pdf

He is also listed here as opening the ClassicCloseouts.com site after the lawsuit..

http://www.rockawave.com/news/2003/0...nists/041.html

Make your own judgements but they are a total SCUM operation.

Just thought I would let everyone know..

[This message was edited by chriscrm on January 20, 2004 at 10:20 PM.]

With their bad rep, it kinda makes me wonder why they're at CJ...

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The guy and all his ebiz ventures are totally greed driven shady operations. Damn shame the networks don't get some of those FTC lawsuits and fines as their policy to take anyone who breathes and has the entry fees ...gets acepted into their merchant pool. Why don't the networks hangout a sign they're seeking sleezeball middlemen to run merchants fronts for their stupid hords of affiliates.

Prospective merchants take a hint from me...
    If your site can't steadily convert 1 sale per 100 general SE listings then PLEASE do not open an affiliate program.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Wouldn't you know ...after I crapped all over them (well, actually the pigeons did that), I get an offer to join this outfit through CJ today.

What'a you think I should do?

The clothes were ordered for the man of the house ...they're not even large enough for my 1st grader.

I replied to the email that was sent internally (URGENT: pending offer) with a link to this thread.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread