Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Greetings everyone!
    First I wanted to thank all of my affiliates who participated in our Holiday Sales Promotion. Some affiliates really stepped up and helped BobWards.com achieve its best December ever! A mighty congratulations to those who earned high commissions, your gift certificates have been emailed to you!

In looking back at last December, we have increased our program this year by over 38% which I am so excited about. We have only been a member of CJ since April 2001 and the leeps and bounds that we have made is incredible. Thank you to all who have made this possible.

As I have posted before, I pledge to stay on top of the whole parasite issue to make sure that no parasites are allowed in our program, and if for some reason they are, immediate termination will occur.

Also on a side note, I posted saying I would change Action Occurances to Unlimited, which I did. I just did not realize that I would have to go through all of our affiliates in the Pending Applications and make that offer to them. I spent a few hours doing that yesterday, and made the new Unlimited Action Occurance program terms our default program so it should be changed to that now!

Thanks to everyone else for all the help and education at ABW!

Karly Billstein
    BobWards.com

Congratulations for your % climbing up,

Thank you also for fighting against this parasite.

YOu are in my to do list. (im stump! lol...)
    will be checking your sites!

Here's to more of your success!

What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

Glad to hear that Nova!!!

Karly Billstein
    BobWards.com

Congratulations Karly! Glad to hear about your success!

Matt Ranta
    Vanns.com
    netProfits Affiliate Program
    Manager
    netprofits@vanns.net

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Karly

First, congratulations on the Nomination for best post of 2004 and that lovely trusted merchant seal you have under your name.

I don't know if you've been asked before, but I see that you don't have a product catalog with CJ, so I'm guessing you don't have a datafeed either. Is there any chance you might have one anythime soon? This would really help increase sales.

If you need help creating the feed or making it available to affiliates I'm sure Chirs (cditty) from http://ezDatafeed.com will be the man for the job.

My 2 cents

Javi

-------------
    The price of Open Source is your sanity

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Bad guess, they have a feed, and I'm sure Karly will provide you with the details

ABW Ambassador
    Thats great news!! I have a perfect Adventure gear type site for it

Is it available to everyone Karly?

-------------

Javi, I just PM'd you with a link for our datafeed.

Matt, thanks for your support. You have been such a tremendous help in getting our program up and running!

Karly Billstein
    BobWards.com

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Somehow I missed this program I think. Could you tell me about it and how I can get the datafeed?

Jack Mitchell

jackson992

you can blink your eyes in this forum. so many good programs and promotions pop up so often its hard to scrabble through the post.

reason why i love it here

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Karly

-------------

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by sil:you can blink your eyes in this forum. so many good programs and promotions pop up so often its hard to scrabble through the post.

I find it impossible to finish my "to-do" list

-------------

Jackson992
    I am glad you found as now! ABW is so big, its hard to see everything.
    Anyways, I sent you a PM with some info about our program and such!

Karly Billstein
    BobWards.com

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Thx Bob

I'll check it out right away

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

ABW Ambassador
    Karly,

I won't mention the agressive display of an 800 number, live chat, etc. ...but let's talk about that big graphic link to BizRate on the bottom of the site.

In less than 60 seconds after clicking the BizRate link I followed another link that I suppose had set a cookie that would have given BizRate credit for the sale.

Am I wrong? Doesn't BizRate make money promoting Bob Wards?

well thats real slick - bye bye bobwards

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

The 800 number, etc display is used primarily to help customers, which is why it is entitled "Can we Help?" We use it so customers can be satisfied with what they are buying. We get tons of questions about what lengths of skis to buy, or the warmth of a jacket, etc. The sole purpose of this number is to help people make an informed purchase decision so that they will not be returning it. We strongly promote the caller to go back online to purchase the item. A few reasons for this, we are busy and it takes less time for both parties to do this online. Online purchases gives more accuracy with credit card info, purchase orders, and when a purchase order is done online we can email them a tracking order number and an order confirmation. So to sum up the live chat and 1-800 number is to help the customers with their decisions but we would much rather them purchase it online, and we tell them that. So by trafficing them back online you will still get your commission as well.
    For Bizrate, we like many other merchants, use Bizrate as a marketing tool. Our relationship with them is to use them as a CPC program, not as an affiliate. The small rectangle graphic at the bottom of our page goes to a customer evaluation page. Many merchants have this too. It is to let the customers see how customers rate this site, and also for us to check how we are doing. As far as my knowledge goes, a CPC progam, like Google, does not take the commission away from affiliates, that is what we do with Bizrate.

I hope this clears some stuff up for you and that you consider being part of our program. BobWards.com is incredibly affiliate friendly.

Karly Billstein
    BobWards.com

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Karly,

you'll soon come to realize it's hard please most of the members at ABW. Keep up the good work!

ABW Ambassador
    Yea, it's hard to please alot of the members and guests here at ABW. Actually it's pretty easy, just that it's hard for some merchants to overcome the urge to screw their affiliate partners.

At night time I've discovered the BobWards.com site is infamous for putting this up in place of the site:

quote:

We are currently updating our site to make it even better. We appreciate your patience as our engineers are working quickly to enhance your shopping experience.

If you need immediate assistance with your order, product information, or placing an order, please call our customer service team at 800-800-5083.

We appreciate your patience and will return shortly.

What does that do for affiliates sending visitors to the site during those times? They get screwed out of commissions. Rochesters Big & Tall and some other merchants pull this crap and they lose good affiliates as a result.

You don't need to take your site completely down every time to make some updates (nor at night time when you think affiliate partners won't notice that they're feeding their hard earned visitors to an 800 hotline page).

Kelly, your really a ball breaker!

What should the company do if they they are working on their site tell customers to go elsewere to shop. Cut it out-your not adding anything here.

Mary

Really. Have you read the reviews? Not exactly doing you any good when the customer sees all those frowning faces. Why would you want to send customers to read crappie reviews?

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Mary wrote:

Kelly, your really a ball breaker!

What should the company do if they they are working on their site tell customers to go elsewere to shop. Cut it out-your not adding anything here.

Yes, it looks like I've hit this one right out of the park. Thank you.

Now, go tell all those customers who rated this company with a frown to cut it out.

I find it funny they accept BizRate and declined my site which is an honest ethical site.

Funny - I can update my sites without taking them offline

Web_Novice

ABW Ambassador
    How do I place an order?
    BobWards.com takes a lot of pride in our customer service. If you are not sure if a product is exactly what you need or want more information, email us or call one of our experienced professionals. They will help you with any questions or problems you might have. The call is toll-free at 800-800-5083. We can even take your order over the phone. You will get all of the same notifications you would get if you ordered from our website, including a confirmation of approval and shipment tracking information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast