Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dear ActiveK9 Publishers,

An exciting change will be occuring on January 22, 2004. The ActiveK9 affiliate program will become the PetCareCentral.com ( http://www.petcarecentral.com/ ) affiliate program! PetCareCentral.com includes all the products available on ActiveK9.com plus supplies for all other pets! Commissions will be 10% per sale and you will have access to a set of advanced tools to help you earn more!

LINKS

Most of the current links will redirect to PetCareCentral.com. Check your CJ mail for a list of links that will be expiring.

CUSTOM LINKS TO ACTIVEK9.COM

We will continue crediting sales that occur from custom made links that point to activek9.com indefinitely! The change to PetCareCentral.com is one of the steps we are taking to help you make MORE money! We will have a dedicated affiliate partner manager to work with you and help you make more cash in the multi-billion dollar pet supply industry.

Please stay tuned!

(Yup, I'll be running the program.)

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! <

And of course you're going to have a wonderful datafeed available outside CJ, just like your other programs? Right?

(please please please)

Action Jackson - King of the World

Activek9.com focuses on dog supplies.

There will be a GREAT datafeed with deep categorization (I have it open right now ). Stay tuned...

Will the CJ feed have everything in it that the the outside feed has in it?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    There will be a GREAT datafeed with deep categorization (I have it open right now ). Stay tuned...

I want one! I want one!

-------------
    The price of Open Source is your sanity

This was a Ferret store (Neeps) purchase.

Their prices are higher than most, number of products is not all that much?

How many do they have?

You are correct that PetCareCentral is owned by Neeps (same owners as Ferret Store), but I thought that Ferretstore was a bad name for a general pet supply store so this site was created and it will focus on the needs of converting affiliate traffic. There are about 2,500 products focusing on animals and will be expanding more in the aquatic (fish) area. Free shipping on all orders over $49.99 which is why the prices are slighly higher. Consumers love the free shipping.

If you have suggestions / comments on the site, please let me know!

Akiva Bergstrom

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    > Join now! <

Ooops, think you missed my question Akiva:

quote:
    Originally posted by 7-days:
    Will the CJ feed have everything in it that the the outside feed has in it?

Ron, sorry bout that. The CJ feed will *not* have the complete categorization that the external feed will.

quote:
    Free shipping on all orders over $49.99 which is why the prices are slighly higher

How do you define slighty?

I checked two items the prices are 35-50% higher!

I would have a hard time promoting an overpriced product line.

Jim can you PM the items to me? The reason for the higher prices is the free shipping and higher commission (10%).

One example Millers Forge PET NAIL CLIPPER # 743 @ $7.27

I found the same item for $4.56

Two-Deter 120 tabs $12.86 found for $9.30

also the ferret store and K9 was named in some parasitic behavior. Ebates and Igive to name a few?
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...3&m=1306090954

Is this name change a COVER UP

IMO stay away looks suspicious???

They sleep with fleas.

Yes the parasites *were* with the program due to the lack of management, and have all been removed by me personally. There will be a forum here on ABW and once it is up I will post screenshots showing they are gone.

I did a search for the Millers Forge Pet Nail Clipper and I found a wide range of prices from $8 to $12 and yes, $4.61 at a low priced competitor without an affiliate program. With the average purchase being over $50 which qualifies for free shipping, I am confident that it will sell fine. If our prices would be that low, commission would be like 4 or 5% for affiliates.

I disagree the lowest price on that product has an affiliate program which doesn't pay 4 or 5% they pay 10%.
    I hope your research isn't flawed on the parasite activity of this company.
    They are listed right now today supporting parasites.

So now that they were exposed they will drop them?? What about all the affiliates that lost their commissions in the past??

When 247malls was exposed they were dropped by many. You seem to be turning a blind eye on this company’s history with parasites.

It's your credibility they are buying to cover up their dirty past dealings. How can you promote a company at ABW that has parasite activity?

Like I said there are others with lower prices, more products, paying good commissions.

Who needs these guys?

Sign me up! Sign me up!

Akiva, if I am already signed up with Active K9 at CJ, will I automatically be with the new site after the transition?

So I guess Akiva your going to be the affiliate manager for PetCareCentral???

I'm unemployed and love it!, Thanks Affiliate marketing for giving me that freedom!

quote:
    Originally posted by Jim_W:
    So now that they were exposed they will drop them?? What about all the affiliates that lost their commissions in the past??

When 247malls was exposed they were dropped by many. You seem to be turning a blind eye on this company’s history with parasites.
    I believe it's called redemption, or seeing the errors of their ways.
    quote:
    It's your credibility they are buying to cover up their dirty past dealings. How can you promote a company at ABW that has parasite activity?
    Cover up? Doubtful. Think of Akiva as the new sheriff in town. Granted, it'll be bumpy for a while, but Akiva will starighten things out. I ASSUME that's why they hired him to begin with.
    quote:
    Who needs these guys?
    Doesn't look you do, but alot of us trust Akiva, and believe he will right the ship and make this into a nice program. I would much rather work with someone I trust.

Akiva can stick up for himself and his programs, but I had to throw in my 2¢

-----------------------------
    Scott

Have a nice day unless you have other plans

Jim, the other place you are referring to charges actual shipping with a $5 minimum shipping charge. At PetCareCentral, with an average order over $50, the majority of customers will qualify for free shipping thus ultimately they will save money since at the other place they would be paying actual shipping for the entire order. On top of that, YOU will be getting paid MORE on the order since the prices are commissioned and the shipping at the other place isn't. Ultimately you make more since consumers will take to the free shipping and slightly higher price. No one is forcing you into the program...

Parasites. I guess you haven't followed my posts where I've repeatedly not only booted parasites but I am constantly on the lookout for parasitic like activity in all my programs and notify the proper authorities when found. I'm about as anti-parasite as you can get.

-----
    Ron, I will be moving everyone over into the new commission terms in the next day or two. You will need to accept the new terms. An email will go out to let everyone know.

If Akiva is running it I am in 100%

Where do I sign up Akiva?

About time to get some petstore manage by awesome affiliate manager like Akiva.

I want the feed Akiva! hurry! lol...

What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

quote:
    Originally posted by Nova - Mrs. Happypoon:
    If Akiva is running it I am in 100%

Where do I sign up Akiva?

About time to get some petstore manage by awesome affiliate manager like Akiva.

I want the feed Akiva! hurry! lol...

I totally agree! I have had nothing but good luck with his programs!!

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Just as a comparison with the items mentioned above.
    Lets say we buy 7 items at $7.27 total including free shipping that comes to 50.89.
    At another online merchant same items at $4.56 plus $5 shipping comes to 36.92

So that would be a savings of about $14.00 or 30%

I thought the purpose of an affiliate was to recommend and or endorse a merchants products?

With a 30% price difference I wouldn’t be looking out for the interest of my user/customer.

I’ll leave this thread at this point with one last comment, I see Akiva is a very respected contributor to this board, but do you believe this leopard can change its spots?

They are currently active on the shopathome and shopselect networks among others.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Any merchant supporting shopathome BHO drive-by installs will never see one of my shoppers getting a link. If any show at Gator or WhenU they also are boycotted.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

The truth is that the folks over at Neeps Inc are honest people who just did *not* manage their program and set it to auto-approve every single affiliate that applies. One of the terms of our contract is NO PARASITES. I have personally booted every single one of the parasites and will post screenshots showing such once the program goes live. Although they are still listed on the shopathome / ebates etc websites, that will change shortly As for price I will say that the service at PetCareCentral is top-notch. Orders are shipped within one day and customers know that. Check out the FerretStore.com ratings at Bizrate (http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide...xpml?mid=16708) and you'll get a sense of how this company works. Prices can be raised or lowered but the treatment of customers is the culture of the company and rarely changes.

Trust me.

Akiva Bergstrom

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    > Join now! <

In regards to Jim's (continual) observations, yes one could probably find lots of better deals. But you are comparing apples and oranges. Those of us who have been with Akiva and his many programs know what HE CAN DO FOR US in so many ways, not just providing an inexpensive merchant. Frankly, I've never looked at the prices of his merchants products when I signed up for his programs. I just know everything he touches turns to gold.

Like someone else said, Akiva can stand up for himself here....he is being very honest and upfront here. I just wanted to say the comparisons here just can't be made...there is the "Akiva Factor" which goes beyond measurement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast