I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Interested in buying some domains.

MUST HAVE EXISTING TRAFFIC.

Email me with the name, the amount of traffic it's getting, and a price.

Base you price on the fact that domains are NOT worth what people think they are.

No dreamers.

Thanks,

Ooh I'll jump on this one!

I will sell ddelectronics.com to you for $150.00 OBO

40-60 uniques per day usually. Most of the traffic seems to come from yahoo.

It is no 1 for discount cpu, and discount motherboards and discount electronics etc. Look at the listing yourself on yahoo and check some of the keywords in the discription.

My only problem has been finding a good merchant program to push but, I've only had it maybe six weeks. It is reg for one year and you could just change the info so you won't have to pay transfer fees.

Reply here if interested

Drewbert,

Welcome!

I have quite a few [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] in which subject area / theme are you looking?

Haiko

I like traffic lights
    >My only problem has been finding a good merchant program to push

Tell me about it.

Can you email me the raw access log for the domain for the last 7 days please?

Haiko, thanks for the welcome. Can you email me your list of names too, please.

Drewbert, you should check out this list of expired domains, then open a seperate browser and do searches on expected keywords on google, you can find some really great catches this way. http://www.ahfb2000.com/expireddomains.html

If you happen to find a bunch that you like send me an email at webmaster@ahfb2000.com and I will see if I can work a deal.

good luck,

Dave

I like traffic lights
    I've been grabbing domains for over two years now, and do my own zone file analysis.

The domains on that list are the unregistered dreggs that nobody wants.

The real nuggets last a few milliseconds after registry deletion.

The only people that would register the names in that list are the ones that still believe any stupid name is worth gold. Unfortunately, there's an endless supply of stupid people arriving on the Internet, so the Registrars will make a nice buck of those people as they max out their credit card hoping they've just registered the next "business.com".

The last lot of hopefuls couldn't afford to renew those domains or finally recognised them as crap and that's while they're still available.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drewbert:

The real nuggets last a few milliseconds after registry deletion.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes the real jewels are watched like hawks, and are all but impossible to obtain. Those that are the most sought after never make it to a list of any kind. I hope you are not suggesting I should have mine updated every "few milliseconds"

Dave

I like traffic lights
    >I hope you are not suggesting I should have
    >mine updated every "few milliseconds"

Absolutely not. I'm still trying to figure out how you came to that concusion from my post.

Basically what I said was that the domains on that list are crap, and are unlikely to be re-registered by anyone.

KickGranny.com is for sale. It receives a bit more than 1,000 daily visitors.

Make an offer.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Jim Brausch ]

I like traffic lights
    Can you tell us where all those 1000 visitors are coming from? From what I've seen (haven't spent a lot of time on it though) most of the visitors would be coming from other websites that you own, and those visitors would dry up pretty quickly once you sold the name - unless you're going to continue to allow traffic to leak to it?

And what exactly is that traffic looking for? Is it quality or trash?

Without the traffic, that domain is basically worthless.

Hi Drewbert,

The visitors are looking for jokes (kinda trash traffic). I get very little cross-site traffic actually. The links at the bottom (I call them powerlinks) are spider food. I'd be willing to leave up the powerlink for _______ amount of time as a condition of sale.

Actually, the powerlink isn't responsible for most of the traffic. Do a link: at Google and skip past my sites. I actually have hundreds of links from other joke sites in addition to the sites I own.

Not that is means anything but the cassified section of the Green Bay Paper had an add in the articles for sale section that said web domain $40.00, weber grill $25 etc.
    I thought it was a bit funny. I guess web domains have made the main stream.

OK; no response on that one (I don't really blame you... I sure haven't figured out how to monetize joke traffic).

Here's another one that doesn't really fit my current business model. TargetBlast.com (not targetblaster.com). It received an average of 336 daily visitors in September. The visitors are looking for "gun" related stuff.

Unlike kickgranny.com, it is fully self-supporting. I have no links to it on any of my sites. It has basically been redirected to one place or another for months. According to Google, 92 gun related sites link to it.

Any offers for that one?

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread