I have recently decided to advertise CJ links after reading stats on the sales of these companies I thought it would be a great idea.

I decided to put most of my time and effort to the company I was most interested in. Their EPC stats looked good, but my link did nowhere near the sales of the average. (although I had very targeted traffic) I couldn't figure it out and all of a sudden one week the EPC dropped down to a little over a dollar. (now it's back up to about $10) I guess I wasn't the only one loosing money.

I had a couple of other CJ companies I had joined on the back burner. So I decided to try to promote those links with highly targeted traffic. Again I am doing nowhere near the average EPC's on these companies. The conversion rates I have been getting are also way under average!

If I calculate the amount of sales I have and compare it to the stats on CJ, I am doing about 1/6 of the commission I should be doing???

Anybody else having these problems with CJ?

My EPC figures are falling every month..
    it should be targetted traffic, mostly from yahoo, google, lycos searches :confused:

My EPC has been dropping like a rock for the last 2 weeks. This is starting to suck a bit. Sales yesterday were good again, today sales suck. :eek:

dedelus,

Welcome!

Your EPC will, for the most part, will NOT equal the merchant's listed EPC it is actually almost impossible. Although we all strive to be high performers and improve our overall and merchant specific EPC's, the current economic downturn has created a "slump", if you will, for all of us.

The only thing I can say is keep plugging at it with highly targeted traffic and keep making more product specific pages to SELL, SELL, SELL!

Haiko

I was wondering what is to stop a merchant from joining CJ as an affiliate, then buying things from themselves and making their EPC look good?

f

ABW Ambassador
    CJ's 30% overhead would be a pretty strong factor against this. And there would be costs at their own end, too.

I could think of ten ways that would be more cost effective for a merchant to raise their EPC. Longer cookies and higher commissions, for starters!

Elisabeth Archambault

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ...but longer cookies is a naughty word at CJ.......

Heaven forbid they require a minimum 30 day cookie from their merchants....gasp....

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread