Hi everyone,

I'm looking for people to participate in getting my community forums of the ground.

[Edited Link as per ABW SPAM Clause which states:

SPAM
    Postings that are designed "only" to drive traffic to a members site, or affiliated merchant site will be removed or edited as appropriate.]

I'm looking for about 20 ppl to post 4/5 times a day for a week or two or as long as possible.

In return I can offer 3 ghost articles of your choice from my site. This "ghost" articles means you can take credit for
    them, you do not have to mention my name of url.

These articles are excellent and will help build credability weather you publish in your website and /or ezine. (You can't however submit these articles to other ezines and content directories - your online publications only)

I can also offer lots of free advertising on the forum, i;ll do this through a locked post which remains at the top of each forum for as long as your posting 4/5/6 times a day or the promotion ends. In this your link will be and your website/product description. I can also offer banner advertising above each catogory for the most active posters.

I will also consider giving everyone a temperary link from my home
    page at the moment we get 250+ visitors a day. I could include your link under a forum friends heading or something. These links could result in a lot more traffic for you.
    Sites which are related to mine will also get a link from my links page if everything goes well.

This is lots of free advertising for 10 minutes of your time for a couple of days. Plus you will become the experts and respected leaders of the AKA community which I hope will grow to be an excellent webmaster resource just like this community.

I promise anyone that helps will be given lots of traffic - not just the odd hit but lots of visitors.

If free ghost written articles, and free advertising isnt enough please visit my site and let me know if theres other deals i can throw in. The articles alone make this a good deal I think.
    Please post,email or pm if your interested.

Regards
    Dave Callan

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>[Edited Link as per ABW SPAM Clause which states:

SPAM
    Postings that are designed "only" to drive traffic to a members site, or affiliated merchant site will be removed or edited as appropriate.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't this make the "Getting Traffic" forums a blatent violation of the ABW Spam Clause?

I'm not quite sure how Dave's post is spam?

He, isn't asking for traffic, he's asking for people to help him get his forums active. He's trading help with his forums for traffic and free articles. Isn't the "Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell" forum the place where we're supposed to do this?

-Joey

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: Joey ]

Joey,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Wouldn't this make the "Getting Traffic" forums a blatant violation of the ABW Spam Clause?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly, it was posted in the "Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell" Forum

Secondly....
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm not quite sure how Dave's post is spam?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

.... as per our definition of spam ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>SPAM
    Postings that are designed "only" to drive traffic to a members site, or affiliated merchant site <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

it most certainly does qualify, read his post.

Thirdly, ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm looking for about 20 ppl to post 4/5 times a day for a week or two or as long as possible.

In return I can offer 3 ghost articles of your choice from my site. This "ghost" articles means you can take credit for
    them, you do not have to mention my name of url. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah deception ... the masterful game of the net ... unfortunately, we do NOT not encourage it!

Haiko

"Firstly, it was posted in the "Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell" Forum"

I'm aware of that. Hence the last statement I made. My point is that the Getting Traffic Forums are specifically for driving "traffic to a members site, or affiliated merchant site" Where's the line?

".... as per our definition of spam ... "
    The "Getting Traffic" forums fit the definition.

"it most certainly does qualify, read his post.."
    He was asking for temporary help in getting his forums active -he wanted to give people traffic in exchange.

I'm not questioning your decision to edit Dave's post. What I'm questioning is the line between spam a trade in the trading forum.

-Joey

I think it's SPAM, but I am prejudiced about it. At the very least, asking our membership to spend their valuable time providing content for this guy, with little or no remuneration is wrong.

Yes, an exchange was proposed, but not a very ethical one IMHO.

Fred

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread