Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Okay, I have a funny site for sale. I'm selling it because I have a full time gig and I haven't dedicated any time to this one.

It's a humorous url that is VERY desirable. It's a type-in traffic site with ZERO marketing done in the past. It does all the work itself. It's also expensive, I won't kid you. I used to get 6-10 paid sign ups a day for paid email accounts. All digital, simple. Hosting is $19.99 a month. Email addresses sell for $24 a year, but I was thinking of raising it to $2.95 a month.

Since Yahoo and Hotmail are not truly free anymore I have gotten a ton more requests. I just can't deal with the business any more. Anyone with any html skills and a desire for a kick butt home business could do well.

I'm not kidding around with this and I'm the most straight up honest person you are likely to find. Please PM or post with questions.

Thanks,

The Merchant only wins if the Afilliate wins.

oh, and it's Google PR5 and Alexa 400k.

And the URL to preview is .....?

DesignerWiz.com Team
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Okay, I'm not kidding here...check the whois if you doubt.

BiteMe.com

It's an incredibly popular type-in term. And of course the big money would be in adult stuff but I'm not inclined to work in that business. Call me a prude. But it's a great business for anyone who wants to sell email addresses. Pure digital download and all.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Lol, okay, I can see now that people might actually sign up for an e-mail address there, I'd probably go for whydontyou@biteme.com , lol. You could probably sell the idea to students for a unique mailing address....

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Eh, how much?

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

Actually students are the big market. When they get to college and get assigned something like betty.a.jones@agri-business.universityofohio.edu they get a little bummed and search for a good address.

Results: Alexa.com

Traffic Rank for biteme.com: 434,480
    Other sites that link to this site: 63
    Online Since: 17-Oct-2000

OK: Now how much are you looking for this low traffic service?

DesignerWiz.com Team

That is nothing for traffic but it has potential. What do you want for this site?

John Solamito
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.datecam.com
    www.datedollars.com - Affiliate program for Datecam
    johns@datecam.com
    C 206-920-5646

Sure the traffic isn't amazing. however it's all type in. There has been ZERO marketing effort. Put anything up that makes money and walk away. I want more than you want to spend probably. Give me a call at 801-209-5285 to talk about it. -jsb

ABW Ambassador
    how much

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph

If you do not want to tell me how much here I will call you tomorrow John.

John Solamito
    www.datecam.com
    johns@datecam.com
    C 206-920-5646

john I am kinda on the other side of the world and cant really ring ya :P
    But whats the price and you did say you get like paid signups etc, so how much ya make per month off em?

Thanks

Admininstrator:
    http://www.streetwarsonline.com

Owner:
    http://www.namesprint.com

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I emailed John twice asking for a price and have had no reply.

Maybe he's not realy interested in selling, and is only scoping out offers so he has an evaluation for a bank manager?

Hmmm ... wonder if John Solamito called him and got pricing.

DesignerWiz.com Team

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I PM'em him too.

Don't think he really wants to play.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

I have not heard anything from him and I was out of the office part of Friday. I will make an attempt on Monday and let you guys know if I get an answer

John Solamito
    www.datecam.com
    johns@datecam.com
    C 206-920-5646

What range are you looking for?

Best Regards,
    C. Pavlovski - Owner
    Site: http://www.gekkonetworks.com
    Email: cpavlovski@gekkonetworks.com

ABW Ambassador
    I want the price!

BiteMe@googleguy.com

>I'm not kidding around with this and I'm the most straight up honest person you are likely to find.

SO AM I

Okay, sorry if some of you feel you are getting the runaround. I have replied to everyone who has asked but for some reason they seem not to be getting to them. Here's the truth. I'm really ambivalent about selling this property as it's fun and easy to make work. However I have a business (ahem, some of you may be familiar with it) that is doing orders of magnitudes more business so there is no time for my other businesses. I currently run four active and busy internet businesses. One has to go.

After my ISP got fragged with viruses the site was broken and I never had time to make it work again...however I'm doing it now.

So rather than just leave it fallow I'm looking to sell or find a partner. But I'm also happy to keep it.

I bought the domain for $10,000 and set up this business. I am now asking $20,000 and I'm not really looking to haggle.

Attached is a spreadsheet that shows a very simple formula for how this could make money. Take a look and let me know your thoughts. Also here's the current overture info:

Searches done in December 2002
    Count Search Term
    1995 bite me

And what people are paying for those clicks:

Great Deals on Music at Amazon.com
    Amazon.com offers a wide selection of music. Find albums like "Bite Me" by Smokin' Joe Kubek. www.amazon.com
    (Advertiser's Max Bid: $0.15)

Get Great Prices on Bite Me CDs
    Find the best prices on Bite Me and other music CDs at Kylesnetworkingservices.com, an authorized affiliate of Amazon. www.kylesnetworkingservices.com
    (Advertiser's Max Bid: $0.01)

Type in a search term and we'll show you the Max Bids and listings for that term.

BiteMe

Currently, there are no bidded listings on this term. Your site could be listed under this term for as little as $0.05 per click (subject to editorial relevance review).

And that's just overture. It's easy to market this thing, easy to get people to click and easy to get them to buy. It's a digital product and perhaps the best pure web business out there. It's an easy listing in any search engine, gets traffic all day long, and is funny. Plus you'll own the email address, YoMamma@BiteMe.com or Dick@BiteMe.com or WhyDontcha@BiteMe.com.

I currently host it for $19.95 a month with unlimited email addresses. So that's the whole dope. Let me know what you think.

Oh and Designer Wiz Guy--you may not be much of a Web guy if you don't understand the inherent difference between a type-in traffic domain with an easy digital product sale and one of your lame urls that you pay your way to the top with.

Okay, the spread sheet wasn't allowed by the forum so here's the basics:

BiteMe.com

Uniques Per Day Conversion Rate Sales Per Day Revenue Per Address Revenue Per Day Per Month Per Year
    500 0.01 5 $29.95 $149.75 $4,492.50 54,658.75

Hey John How much revenue has this domain brought you? And have you had it apparaised? You traffic ranking is 404,501 on alexa. The only good thing this site has to offer is link popularity 2,076 links which I will not pay 20k for. I understand what potential it has but you cannot sell a domain on its potential worth.

John Solamito
    www.datecam.com
    johns@datecam.com
    C 206-920-5646

Ummm...that's all any business is ever sold for, it's potential. Most businesses sell for a multiple of revenue or a multiple of earnings all of these equate to potential.

If you buy a corner block of real estate on a busy street you are buying it for potential. That same chunk of land in the middle of the desert is worth nothing.

So I beg to differ about potential. But lets talk traffic: Lets say this site produces 350 unique visitors a day and you normally pay .25 per click at overture or google. That would equate to $87 a day in click charges and $31,000 in yearly rev, aprox. The irony is that after paying for all of the clicks...you still don't have an asset. It's why type in traffic is appealing...harvest the traffic for a while, sell the domain, whatever.

We used to have banners for Adult Friend Finder and we made about a $1,000 a month but we stopped because they became a little ummm...more core than I was comfortable with.

Sorry John my cell phone lost signal. You can call me at 425-228-9007. I will look into this further and talk with my team. Thanks for taking the time to call me.

John Solamito
    www.datecam.com
    johns@datecam.com
    C 206-920-5646

Hello John Bresee,

We found this comment way to funny.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh and Designer Wiz Guy--you may not be much of a Web guy if you don't understand the inherent difference between a type-in traffic domain with an easy digital product sale and one of your lame urls that you pay your way to the top with.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our team unanimously agrees you'd do well as a stand up comedian if you don't think we are not a top end site with URL's viewers remember and type in.

Our services don't get the medial traffic you get, we get thousands of hits. So who's on top?

DesignerWiz.com Team

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast