Hi,
    We are interested in serious offers for the web-site www.buyforcharity.com.
    The site has over 2,000 charities signed up and growing everyday. Please do not waste our time with offers of $1000 dollars.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    $125

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

Ummm ... It would have been much more polite to have stated a starting bid range than to say "do not waste our time with offers of $1,000 dollars".

Especially when the whole basis & concept of your service is "incent" click to a degree.

DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

ABW Ambassador
    I wonder if he will attack you in a private message as he did me?

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

I am interested in learning more about your site. How could I get in touch with you?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Let's see how you get 2000 charities to sign up. Ummm spam a list with a free signup link. Spamm a list and ask 25.00 for a registration fee then sell the domain and pocket the registration proceeds. Like the Dating, auction and Job sites these "incent" charity shopping sites are everywhere and only the top few front runners make any money.

Without a B-a-HO and some scheme to get it installed on millions of systems the Charity game gets old very quick. Even straignt charity donation sites suffer due to the complaints by donners getting hounded to death by telemarketers and spammers. Sell the domain to TopMoxie as they'd be the most likely buyer.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Are all of you guys small time players.....you sure act like it alot of the time with your comments and little knowledge

Ecomcity.........whats the #$%* are you talking about????

Please do not talk out of your a$$ if you have no clue.......You are entitled to your opinion but at least look at the site........it's free! No fees to anyone at anytime.....

[This message was edited by DesignerWiz.com Team on March 07, 2003 at 02:45 AM.]

Steven22:
    Vulgar language will not be tolerated on the ABW forum.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO

ABW Ambassador

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steven22:
    Are all of you guys small time players.....you sure act like it alot of the time with your comments and little knowledge<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you had to be over 18 to be on this forum? The above person seems to be about 8 years old from the comments in the post

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ROLMAO at these charity scam artists. Some don't have the money for TopMoxie ..some do. Love the language for this christian charity fundraiser. His honor system payout to charities probably goes with his total lack of IRS approved paperwork to act as a legit frontend for accounting for the donations. Now he wants to sell this site and start a new clone site as a template.

OH ..he can bury his competition by promising a higher payout to charities with upto 35% off the affiliate commissions going to the charities. Be sure the buyer checks out the legal liabilities if thta 35% hasn't been paid yet. Does this remind us of the compelling Morpheus charity announcement?

from the FAQ section... http://www.buyforcharity.com/faq.asp

"How do I disable the iGive.com Shopping Window?
    Whenever the iGive.com Shopping Window appears, you will see an "Edit Settings" link. If you click that link, a new window will open which allows you to turn off your Shopping Window. Click "Disable the Shopping Window" to turn off your Shopping Window. You can re-enable your Shopping Window by using the iGive icon in your Web browser, or by right-clicking on any Web page, then selecting "iGive". Then, follow the link to enable your Shopping Window.

How do I uninstall the iGive.com Shopping Window?
    Go to Start | Settings | Control Panel. Double click "Add/Remove Programs". Click "iGive Shopping Window", then remove. Click "TopMoxie", then click remove.

How do I uninstall GreaterGood.com's Forget Me Not Software?
    Go to Start | Settings | Control Panel. Double click "Add/Remove Programs". Click "Forget Me Not" then remove."

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Now I remember! This is the guy who said he'd bid on this!

I notice that the "item" didn't end up getting sold...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ecomcity.........whats the #$%* are you talking about???? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha, the Code of Ecomcity is a language untranslateable by newbies...

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

M

O

R

O

N

S

ABW Ambassador

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

Steven22,

It appears your attitude is one that is certainly non professional and not in the best interest to the ABW members group.

I do not like the last 2 comments made on this thread. Therefore, I am hereby notifying you that your membership priveleges are hereby temporarily deactivated until I can discuss your abusive behavior with Haiko.

Any notification needing to be made to you regarding the outcome of this discussion will be sent to you directly from Haiko.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO

Hi,
    I am a bit confused. This is supposed to be an open forum where people can express their opinions, help one another and learn about new programs.......RIGHT?

How is it that EcomCity.com can be allowed to talk about something he knows nothing about. He has personally made libelous statements regarding a site he is either clueless or too ignorant to actually ready and inquire about.

AS HE SAYS.....
    ROLMAO at these charity scam artists. Some don't have the money for TopMoxie ..some do. Love the language for this christian charity fundraiser. His honor system payout to charities probably goes with his total lack of IRS approved paperwork to act as a legit frontend for accounting for the donations. Now he wants to sell this site and start a new clone site as a template.

Hey......The first sign of your irresponsibility and ignorant ways was when you claimed the site to be a christian charity fundraiser....Can you please explain? I do not see anything of the sort on the site and i would like to know where you got that impression considering NO ONE that works for that site is christian. Since you appear to know so much and your so very talented i have a challenge for you...If you can get 2500 active charities just like that I will pay you $10,000 dollars for you to build a cheap copy of it since it is so easy. YOU DID SAY " Now he wants to sell this site and start a new clone site as a template" Show me how it is done

Will you do it? Can you do it? It's so easy right??????

I mean, appearently its very easy to attack someones site and say things which are not true so I just want to see that I am wrong and that you actually are familiar with and know what your talking about........so, I will give you 60 days to get 2500 ACTIVE organizations and you get $10,000 for your easy work.

By the way.........The people that own that site do not owe you or anyone else any explanation on their businesses practices.The people and organizations familiar with the site know exactly whats going on.So, next time you or anyone decides to just run their mouth please do it elsewhere

Steven22,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The people and organizations familiar with the site know exactly whats going on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I was going to blast the CEO of Upromise at the symposium when that boof was talking about integrity ... his program is Top-Moxie Parasite also.

You have to understand that the Charity angle has been played by many thieves .. you should be yelling at the snake oil salesmen and not the ones who have also been taken advantage of because of it.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...591#8036058591

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

None-Ya

I'm going to tell your mother.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am a bit confused. This is supposed to be an open forum where people can express their opinions, help one another and learn about new programs.......RIGHT?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is None-ya (aka steven22). And a very educated group is here. It might be helpful for you to take a deep breath and listen to what they are trying to tell you. You posted in some of the parasiteware threads when you first came on the board. If you are unclear about how other affs feel about business models which aren't just competing in a fair market, but using tactics which infringe upon their business, then take another look. With your upcoming app tied to your charity site, the red flags are up. You can bet your bottom dollar that when it is released, it will be tested by members to ascertain any infringement issues. You got a bad mix on that site from a PR perspective with other affs...the charity angle and the software app. Both of which are known for their less than ethical and even questionable legal business practices. If you are going that route, just be aware that the dirt of others will rub off onto you perception wise and it's something you are going to have to deal with. The association is going to be made.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

None-Ya and Stephen22 I do have some experience in building out Charity web sites. Long before the BHO's parasites moved into the picture the only charity related sites were there to solicite donations and volunteers for their licenced just causes.

I build no more charity sites as I cannot decern the true motives of the clients on a remote basis. I do know I have unpaid web design fees over 3000.00 from 2 parties who mysteriously have used those designs and content on multiple charity related website domains. Some even mirror the sites with some affiliate script for paying out recruiting fees for anyone one willing to make up a charity cause.

Now that TopMoxie and other BHO parasite software vendors see upfront fees coming in from the charity management ( as in they keep 80% of the commissions as admin fee) we will see many more of the quick buck artists move into this arena. I'm sure the Red Cross -Goodwill Industries -Green Peace -United Fund -Animal Shelters -Catholic Relief Society and over 1000 legit Christian Charity organizations have a list of Online charity scamms their legal departments are seeking to closedown.

If your site is legit then bend over backwards to show visitors you are a STate and Federal IRS licenced charitable management enity.

Charlie ...

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread