I found that no one of their CJ links works. Their PSC page even showed “Forbidden”. I checked on the PSC Directory, the link to them was not there anymore without any notice. From all the links they have on CJ, only one link that shows a non-zero 7-days EPC.

IRS

Don’t ask why the ball doesn’t come.

The datafeed links all work OK and are getting logged in CJ control panel.

Its just that as many items are 'one offs' so when the user clicks thru, they usually get a 'Item Sold' message.

But then again, Jegem do update their datafeed weekly ....

<< - Web Designers do it with Objects and Style Sheets! - >>

The JEGEM PSC has been deactivated as JEGEM has chosen not to renew their contract.

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    > SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well their links on my site still all show active landing pages. Wouldn't you know I add one new CJ merchant in the last 2 months and they now choose to deactivate. I did get sales from them. Anyone want to wager they'll reverse all the January sales?

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

quote:
    Originally posted by Akiva
    The JEGEM PSC has been deactivated as JEGEM has chosen not to renew their contract.

Aktiva,

Just curious, if a Merchant PSC had been deactivated did we (as publishers) have to replace all pages using PSC Page Builder?

Thanks.

IRS

Thanks Speedy and Mike & Charlie for your comments.

So the links on all your sites out there work fine. Then something wrong with my browser or JEGEM uses country restriction.

IRS

IRS, the links generate by the PSC will continue to work as that is a CJ thing. On a side note, JEGEM does use country restriction access.

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    > SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    > PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

IRS,

JeGem uses country restrictions for even *viewing* their site. I requested in emails and in this forum for them to list the countries so I could write my own script to detect the visitor's country and redirect to another page of mine rather than send visitors to not even be able to view the pages.

Since they never answered me via email or in this forum, I decided I would rather not promote them.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Akiva,
    Thank you for your confirmation. I love your magic PSC. This tool breaks Webmaster rule: build one page per day.

webmistress,
    Thanks for your input. For me, how can I promote something that I couldn’t see it? I could be wrongly figure the weakness as the strength when promoting them. I will drop JEGEM. I have some emails from other jewelry merchants to proceed.

Regarding your intention to redirect to another page, IMO it is not a good solution, as you have to protect your site image.

IRS

IRS,
    It's a good point. I had just been excited when JeGem first showed up at CJ -- finally a silver jewelry merchant!
    Then every time I clicked on the link to go to their site or typed in the address, I was redirected to Watchzone.com! This was during one of the worm attacks that took down several DNS servers in the world, so other webmasters advised I wait (meanwhile they all put up JeGem links ahead of me ). I even did a Whois, a traceroute, and added the IP address to my hosts file to try to force my browser... still Watchzone.com. Then I started getting the 500 permission denied pages. Guess the non-targetted traffic to Watchzone wasn't appreciated...

STill, I might have promoted them anyway if I had been given a list of the countries banned. However, without that communication, promoting them is like shooting in the blind. Also, the lack of communication on the issue indicated to me a certain attitude towards affiliate communication, or rather lack thereof.

- - - - -

Hi Guy,

I apologize that I was away for about a month. During the last month, we were going thru a lot of changes, including a major renovation of our facility, bascally getting prepared for the future.

The links generated by PSC will still continue to work.

We have been working on some new Affiliate tools as well, which will make hosting our links a lot easier.

Please be sure to check out our New 2-minute Store Creator, which will auto update the products shown on your website. It is very easy to use, and it works very similarly with Ebay's Editor Kit.

http://www.jegem.com/affiliate/sniplet/default.asp

There will be several very useful new tools coming up, please check this page from time to time:

http://www.jegem.com/affiliate/default.asp

I appreciate your continuous support. If you have any special needs or request, please feel free to contact me at service@jegem.com anytime.

Have a great day !!!

Andrew

Andrew

=============
    JEGEM.com Affiliate Program at CJ.com
    http://www.jegem.com/pages/affiliate.asp

Hi again,

I should clarify on the IP banning issue. I didn't provide the list of IP that is banned, because it is dynamic and changes overtime.

Please do not worry about losing sales because we ban certain IPs. We want the sales as much as you do

First of all, we almost never receive any legit order from the banned IPs. So instead of wasting time and resources to deal to lots of fraudulent orders from these IPs, we can focus on serving the real customers, which will increase the conversion rate, which is beneficial for our affiliates as well.

I hope this clear things up. We ban the IPs not to make things difficult for our affiliates, but to increase conversion rate.

I hope this clear things up Please email me at service@jegem.com if you have any issues to discuss.

Thanks again for joining our program.

Andrew

=============

By the way, we have only reversed 2 orders since we started our program

Andrew

=============

Jegem,

i just cant imaginge promoting something i cant even see. i used various proxies just to view your page nada. i think you also banned a lot of proxies too. i can understand that. i gave up. i havent put up a advertising campaign. heck i cant even test i my banners are pointing to the right directrion.

i just FIRMLY believe that this "method" is not effective. this TOTALLY alienates A LOT of non-US affiliates and puts a bad mark on the "jegem" as a brand in general.. i may not be your customer, perhaps i am. how can you tell? i am non us affiliate and a legit internet buyer in one of your BANNED IP. i just bought one expensive watch from a US merchant shipped directly to me huh! using my OWN legitimate credit card. yes we have legitimate credit cards here.

yes, theres lot of legitimate internet buyers in my town.

this breaks my fragile heart. for some, this can be taken as a slight insult. it is to me.

T.N.T - am going to explode!

[This message was edited by T.N.T. on February 01, 2004 at 07:43 PM.]

Hi JeGem,
    I appreciate your polite responses, and the PM. We'd already dealt with that issue in the PM previously, actually.
    My issue was that in December (here) this post was never answered. That was posted *after* I PM'd you and *after* I sent an email on Monday, November 24, 2003 to service@yourcompany.com regarding my desire to know which countries were IP banned. Had you answered as you did in the previous posts, you would have still had a chance to get some marketing on my pages. By not answering (ahem, it is now February), I got that funny feeling in my affiliate tummy that indicates I should skip a merchant.

I understand your reasoning, but as pointed out, it really makes my site look bad to have a link going to a 500 access denied page.

There are many purchase options today on the internet. PayPal will win out over ClickBank because PayPal will allow you to log in from an IP on a different continent than your bank. Amazon will win out over TheHomeMarketPlace because you can have an overseas billing address or a Stateside billing address for your Visa at Amazon, whereas TheHomeMarketPlace does not even have other countries listed on the order form. There's always another purchase option these days. If one merchant doesn't have the option, I choose another as a customer.

As an affiliate, I must choose what works for me the best also. Potentially sending traffic to a 500 access denied page just doesn't work for me.

- - - - -

The problem I have is not with Jegem but with Commission Junction direct. When I use BT to dial up on (BT are the largest ISP in the UK and the main telecoms supplier) I get 404 page errors. This is every time I click on any merchants link. Whether I am browsing other peoples sites or my own links.

I would like to stress that this problem does not apply to your program directly but to CJ. Lucikly I have other ISP's I use for connecting to the net. Its hard to promote something you can't see, so for some, it might not be worth it but then again, life is one big gamble !.

Cheers
    Steve

<< - I love PHP and PHP loves me!! - >>

Hi JeGem,

I am not (yet) your customer, but my IP is banned. Maybe you ban countries instead of individual IPs.

I don’t want to argue about the fraudulent orders from the third world but I bet that affiliates who use PPCSE and target to the visitors from the first world will also face these fraudulent orders.

IRS

[This message was edited by IRS on February 02, 2004 at 06:51 AM.]

Hi IRS, just sent you a PT with a solution.

Hi Steve (speedy), please send me your exact problem accessing CJ linkgs, and I will talk to CJ about it and hope to resolve the problem.

Please feel contact me for further discussion.

Thanks.

Andrew

=============

quote:
    Originally posted by webmistress:
    Hi JeGem,
    I appreciate your polite responses, and the PM. We'd already dealt with that issue in the PM previously, actually.
    My issue was that in December (http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...805#6776000805) this post was never answered. That was posted *after* I PM'd you and *after* I sent an email on Monday, November 24, 2003 to service@yourcompany.com regarding my desire to know which countries were IP banned. Had you answered as you did in the previous posts, you would have still had a chance to get some marketing on my pages. By not answering (ahem, it is now _February_), I got that funny feeling in my affiliate tummy that indicates I should skip a merchant.

I understand your reasoning, but as pointed out, it really makes my site look bad to have a link going to a 500 access denied page.

There are many purchase options today on the internet. PayPal will win out over ClickBank because PayPal will allow you to log in from an IP on a different continent than your bank. Amazon will win out over TheHomeMarketPlace because you can have an overseas billing address or a Stateside billing address for your Visa at Amazon, whereas TheHomeMarketPlace does not even have other countries listed on the order form. There's always another purchase option these days. If one merchant doesn't have the option, I choose another as a customer.

As an affiliate, I must choose what works for me the best also. Potentially sending traffic to a 500 access denied page just doesn't work for me.

- - - - -

Hi webmistress,

I understand your concern, and I do apologize that I didn't responded you in December. We were new and everything else is new, the store, the program etc. Things are much more ready now.

There is one thing which I wish to point out is for the IPs that are blocked, there will almost be no potential customers. So it won't matter, if the Non potential customers are seeing the Error page.

I hope you see what I mean. The most important thing is the potential customers have a great shopping experience.

Limiting fradulent orders can save our customer service team's resources, so we can answer emails from real customers quicker, promote more items to them, and many other things to increase sales, which will in turn, increase the conversion rate for you also.

The clicks from non potential visitors is not worth anything.

Andrew

=============

Hi JeGem,
    Oh, I have no problem understanding your move from your point of view, but I have to worry about my point of view.

From your point of view, the visitor from CountryX has a miniscule chance of being a converting customer, so you don't want to waste the resources.

From my point of view that visitor is coming to my site as a resource to help them find what they're looking for on the net. By directing my visitor to a 500 access denied page, I have failed them. Now my whole site will be viewed by them as useless. There are plenty of other sites in the sea of sales, and mine just plummeted to the depths of that visitor's radar.

I can't afford that.

Thanks for your consideration, though.

- - - - -

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread