cell-phones.ws
    homedecor.nu
    buyvantage.com
    computer-ram.com
    focoso.com
    weight-loss-diet.net

digital-cameras.ws - sold

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Everyone should be very careful when buying someone elses domains. I'm in the middle of a real snafu over Holdup Suspenders buying www.sloops.com for their patented branded blue jeans for suspender wearers. Seems that Enom.com the original registrar and Dotster.com failed twice to get the domain transferred after payment to the Dotster control panel.

The site was advertised in fashion magazines -catalogs, SE and PPCSE listings with the owner paying for the domain through 2009. On the 28th of April Enom.com redirected all traffic to some directory page with a registrar lock whacking 3000 daily visitors to some PPCSE directory page. Guess that guy is happy as a lark till legal action gets the real hosting DNS info resolved again.

On a positive point Dotster's domain transfer payment and the domain renewal fees did track on 2 occassions through the CJ system.... they just forgot to transfer the important part
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

blah, blah, blah

maybe it would've been more appropriate for you to start a new thread with your little tidbit?

For the record I use Godaddy and have never once had an issue, and actually just completed a transfer in about five minutes.

Yes, maybe a new post would have been better, but helpful information just the same. Thanks, Mike.

Oh, Mike, can you bring the terminology of your posts down just a bit...some of your terms and abreviations don't mean a thing to most folks.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I cant see a way to split this thread, I guess it's something Haiko needs to do, or a Super Mod

I can copy it to another forum and delete the required posts in each thread, but no easy split
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

poop doesn't really allow for splitting.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

This thread does not need splitting. Mikes post is an absolutely perfect post in view of the nature of the thread.

He is just alerting people to what can happen when one buys used domain names.
    He is not saying CY is a con man but CY's actions are saying a lot more than Mikes did.
    I for one would not buy a domain from him after reading his last post.

The fact that CY doesn't like it should be totaly imaterial.

Good warning Mike.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

7days my favorite terms are all still available with a .com after them...

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

CY can run out a buy Adwhores.com and B-a-HO.com and hire me for pertinent content. After all ...I work for bird seed.

For all of us that worried about Mike during his absence, it is plain to see he is alive and well and still as vocal as always.

Gee, did it really sound like I missed him???

LOL...Welcome back Mike. Was all that time watching the grandkids or part of it recovering from watching the grandkids.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I guess all things being considered, I'm not sure why I was suprised by a complete lack of etiquette.

Cheer up CY...the B-a-HO.com domain opening tip should be a God-send to a URL hawker. Jump on it before the Video Professor grabs it and puts out a line of training CD's.

I must be really confused then because I swear this section of the board was called "Let's Barter / Trade / Buy or Sell"? I'll make sure and read your (EcomCity.com) rules and regulations prior to any subsequent postings.

Just a minor observation, not that anyone here really cares, but your lack of demonstrated professionalism reflects on how the commercial world views you as a potential business partner(s).

Yesterday, I suggested to a company that they may want to inquire about buying a spot here on the board. I'm beginning to see how that may prove to be a regrettable action on my part.

ABW Ambassador
    Your right CY. Your thread was hijacked. Nothing new there. Ignore him.

Wayne

It's really unfortunate in a way. I agree with a lot of what Masterbater has to say regarding the BHO's, etc.., but he surely doesn't help his cause any. Even worse, I think he ends up making it worse for the majority here.

After two years, I've realized that this business is just too much work, and too many secluded hours to be successful, and I have great respect for those that can make it work. I just wish the industry had a more unified and professional voice. You deserve at least that much.

Errr...welcome back, Mike. I think.

CY, In your experience, what has the reaction to .ws domains been like?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Assuming your question is in regards to optimization, I've not noticed a penalty of any sort on the three main se's. If there's a small one on Google I think it's offset with having a relative term in the url. Same goes for US domains.

If you're asking about surfer reaction, the bookmark has no prejudice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CY:
    Just a minor observation, not that anyone here really cares, but your lack of demonstrated professionalism reflects on how the commercial world views you as a potential business partner(s).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're 100% right. We need to follow your stellar example of what happens if someone dares post in your thread:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CY:
    blah, blah, blah
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too think it was a valid post. A lot of new people read this forum. He's telling of HIS troubles - warning people to be aware. I'd rather read his warning than your rudeness.

ABW Ambassador
    The issue is someone posting something in a sales thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the SALES thread at all.

I'm sure if it were you trying to sell something and someone else piped up about their troubles on a completely different subject that has NOTHING to do with your posting, you would be jumping for joy.

BTW, thanks for a smooth transaction CY.

@ wyvern and NorthernStudio
    So you are trying to say that Mikes post that was passing on a warning to people who might be buying a domain name is not a valid subject in a thread that was opened solely to sell some domain names?

My mind boggles at how some of you guys can get your brains to figure that one out. I take it you can both read and comprehend? I know every single word of the post was not exactly spot on relevant but holy shit give me a friggin break.

Like parentsworld says I would rather read twenty posts like Mikes that get ripped off by someone selling something, and that is not a slur at you CY.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

And once again, Mike is completely destroying someone else's thread with his maniac paranoia.
    And his cheerleaders are completely brainwashed, as usual.

I almost forgot why I didn't come here for a couple of weeks. Now I remember.

Good luck on selling those domains, CY. You'll probably get better results elsewhere.

OH this is so typical ABWish ...

&lt;NOSTALGY&gt;
    Where are those days when not every thread ended in a fight... Now when you start a thread or post something you just wait for someone to
    &lt;/NOSTALGY&gt;
    [URL=http://www.hesk.com]Help desk software[/URL]

The problem is really that Mike has taken a potentially relevant issue (it's easier to transfer domains between owners in some circumstances than others, so it's worth checking where a domain is registered and how you would transfer it before buying) and used it to hijack someone else's topic because he has something against people selling domain names. Subsequently he manages to slur anyone who does this.

... and still fails to actually make the useful point.

It's an all-too-common scenario.

Thanks CY for offering smooth domain sale transactions to the ABWers taking you up on your offers. My ALERT was a real situation warning for anyone performing a domain name purchase and transfer and was spot on regarding your original post.

You performed a classified Ad sales campaign to a community of 11,000 webmasters with varying degrees of expertise in domain purchasing. My warning was how even an experience domain buyer (Me and my Client) can run amuck, with huge potential financial loss, even when trusted registrars are involved. Both the 2 domain services (Enom.com and Dotster.com) dropped the ball on transferring this domain www.sloops.com away from control by the original owner. ( A known cybersquatter and expired traffic domain peddler) aka ...someone who wasn't known for smooth domain transfers after receiving his $1500.00 cashier check.

Thankfully for my client, my own prompt action prevented getting this domain from being re-purchased for 9.00 after the 2 week domain name lock. Seems the Dostster domain transfer routine balked twice after payment was made resulting in neither the domain transfer payment and the 5 year registration fee being applied. High Google ranking for pertinent keywords was wacked during just the one week directory display as original owner has been PRO'd on many occassions.

In most cases the original seller would have gotten his $1500.00 purchase fee, free 300+ uniques a day for 1 week to his keyword directory site, paid SE links and PPCSE traffic an a opportunity to double the domain selling price on the second sale to the same committed client.

My point is never feel comfortable about a domain purchase till the transfer to a new 3rd party registrar is complete and the domain name registration fee and Who-is info is totally accurate. It took 4 months for this to happen in the case of this client due to screw-ups and oversights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast